No announcement yet.

Windows Server 2K3 released (sort of)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2K3 released (sort of)!

The final release version of server 2K3 is available for download for MSDN subscribers (build 3790). If you are one of those, have at it. My work PC should be finished downloading it by now, so I'll have it burned and installed by tomorrow evening. I've been running a post-RC2 build for several weeks now (build 3763), and it's rock stable. Very impressed so far.

Also, the Group Policy Management Console was released on Monday. It's an awesome tool for managing your active directory GPOs, and it replaces third party tools that can cost well into the 6 figure range for any decent sized organization (we were evaluating tools that would've cost over a half million bucks in licensing costs, since pricing is based on the number of objects in the directory as opposed to the number of admins using it). The GPMC is totally free for anyone with at least one W2K or W2K3 server license. Very highly recommended.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox
Working...
X