My World
    Shoot Me Again
    Sweet Amber
    Unnamed Feeling
    Purify
    All Within My Hands

I hope it's good...

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Metallica? Aren't they that anti-napster country band?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

They were this group of really cool guys putting out great music, then somebody took their place, and started releasing crap with names like <I>Load</I>(of crap) and <I>Reload</I>(of regurgitated crap).
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Earlier stuff was better, but I don't mind the newer stuff either.
        Don't forget, they have gotten a little older!
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I agree that 80% of Load and Re-Load are crap but there are still a few good songs on there. Load and Re-Load sound like they stuck a bunch of mustic together just to get an album out and make lots of money.

On the other hand, they are giving out a free DVD with every CD. The DVD will contain a live jam session of them performing every song on St. Anger. I hear the album is harder and faster than Load and Re-Load. Hopefully it's true.

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I actually like most of their newer stuff, as opposed to most of their older stuff *ducks*

AZ

Comment

Az - your location (Germany) reminds me of what I thinks is one of the greatest hard rock band EVER - The Scorpions. Haven't heard much/about from them lately though.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                I agree that 80% of Load and Re-Load are crap but there are still a few good songs on there. Load and Re-Load sound like they stuck a bunch of mustic together just to get an album out and make lots of money.
                There was something I saw on another DG that had Lars stating that they did do this

Everyone agrees that Metallica's last two albums were dog shit. Even Metallica indirectly admit to it during an interview when they said something to the effect of "our last two albums were shit straight from a dog's ass." In fact, everything the music industry has barfed up lately has been hokey, cookie-cutter, tired, disingenuous garbage. Music on the radio these days can best be summed up as aural pollution.
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Lars then summed up Metallica's current intellectual contributions to society, spouting "<B>Napster bad! Napster bad! Napst</B>- ooo, shiny...."
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

gt40,

They are busy still, alternating between touring the USA doing their old material, and touring Germany doing bizarre techno-synth crap. Yeah, you heard me.

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Speaking of Germans and heavy metal (as we sort-of, ish-were ), the German language has to be the best for this kind of music - Rammstein being a case in point...
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

doing bizarre techno-synth crap.

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                          Earlier stuff was better, but I don't mind the newer stuff either.
                          Don't forget, they have gotten a little older!
                          According to an interview with Lars, he basically said that while they were in the studio recording they started randomly jamming. The random jamming was very reminisent of their old stuff, so they scrapped most of what they were going to record, and then recorded a ton of new stuff that sounded more like their old stuff.

They recorded some 30 songs total, and picked out the ones they liked the best for the album. So ... according to Lars, it will be like the 80's Metallica music more than the 90's Metallica music. And apparently their producer played bass for them, though they are looking for a regular bassist for the tour starting this summer.

Speaking of Germans and heavy metal (as we sort-of, ish-were ), the German language has to be the best for this kind of music - Rammstein being a case in point...
                          Rammstein RULEZ!!!

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yeah, I was puzzled too. I went to CDNOW and listened to the new tracks. They were all bizarre, so I pulled a couple MP3's. Yep. Bizarro techno-synth shit.

But they still play the old stuff when touring here.

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

They tour a lot in eastern europe, they have MANY fans there.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X