Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh My God! It's in French! Need a Translator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh My God! It's in French! Need a Translator!

http://digital8.fr.st/

This page has everything about enabling a buttload of features for Digital8 cameras, including a little interface program and how to build a LANC cable.

BUT IT'S IN FRENCH!

Help! Help! Help!

I can understand just about every other word but I need translation because I don't want to screw this up! Oh Please!

I'm sorry I'm american! It's really not any fun, being from an anti-culture society! But please...

I need these things available to me so I can make film noire!

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Sorry, try this instead...
    http://www.ifrance.com/dv-in-france/html/Digital8.htm

Comment

I translated it through www.altavista.com's babelfish translator program!

Comment

Silly, I don't think anyone's going to translate a whole website for you. How about checking out this website instead.

http://lea.hamradio.si/~s51kq/DV-IN.HTM

Have you seen this one?

Comment

You were posting at the same time as me. The problem with that babelfish translator is that it doesn't always make sense.

Comment

Patrick

I never thought you would be so moderate in an opinion As a bilingual English/French person, I usually have to ROTFL at the results given by Babelfish and other similar software, even expensive ones costing thousands. I remember when I was a student, about 1948/9, I think, the English magazine Wireless World gave an article on the fact that the US were developing a translation software for the mass of technical papers published in the Soviet Union. As the hardware was essentially based on the 12AT7 double triode flip-flop, it was horrendously slow, not helped by the IO device being Burroughs or IBM punched cards. Anyway, they tested the translation by putting in some English phrases, tranlating into Russian and then back again into English. 'Out of sight, out of mind' came back as 'Invisible idiot'. There hasn't been much improvement since.

I invite anyone wanting a good laugh to take, say, 20 lines from any good author (Shakespeare works wonderfully) and translate it into both French and German and then back into English from each. Not only will you get two hilarious versions, but you will have difficulty realising that they are the same text! When it comes to techie stuff, just give up!

------------------
            Brian (the terrible)
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

If you need help... I speak french.
              Si si je vous assure ! ;-))
              But don't ask to translate a whole site...

-Asterix

Comment

Working...
              X