Notebook Video Cards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notebook Video Cards...

I'm kicking around getting a Dell 600M laptop, but I'm kinda stuck on which video card I should get. It comes either with a 32MB or 64MB Radeon 9000 Mobility. The price difference between the two with the Pentium-M 1.4GHz CPU is a $100 bucks. I want to do a little bit of gaming on it and I'm not sure how much of impact its going to have if I go or don't go with the 64MB Card.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

The extra video RAM gives you the ability to run at higher resolutions, bigger textures and color depths. Nothing else really. It depends on what kind of gaming you do and plan to do in the future with your laptop. If you don't plan on running high resolution games, or ones without massive 3D textures, the 32 MB will do... but for future proof purposes, I would say get 64 MB if the $100 doesn't bug you.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

64Mb, without any doubts. R9000 mobility is a nice laptop videocard that suports DX8.1, you´ll be choking it with only 32Mb RAM.

Comment

Yeah, there are even plenty of CURRENT games that really chunk up with 32MB.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X