No announcement yet.

Didn't I tell you? (Windows for AMD64)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't I tell you? (Windows for AMD64)

Look here: New Naming Schema for Microsoft Windows Hotfix Packages. Scroll down to "Options".

Beta Versions of AMD64 will be available mid-year, aimed at Servers and High-End-Desktops and -Notebooks.

Anyone up for a bet yet?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I don't think anybody said it wasn't going to happen.
    However when this discussion first surfaced what, a month ago? There was nothing announced and nothing official at all.
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I posted a link to microsoft AMD64 debugging tools for windows. Go look it up if you don't believe me

AZ

Comment

You know what... no one argued about it being released or not... shit i told you in that thread that they had already demonstrated x86-64 native versions of Windows well over a year before that thread was even started. the only thing that was argued in that thread is if it will be released in april along with the Windows Server 2003 family...

I believe that I was in fact correct when i stated that it probably wouldn't be released in April, versus your source of some guy from some magazine who is supposedly god and has all sorts of inside sources who was saying that it would be released in April.

Oh, and if you would rather just read the offical Microsoft PR on this (instead of something on naming scheme changes) , it is here.

And for reference, the original thread was here.

If the Beta starts mid year, i wouldn't expect a final product until at least Quarter 4 this year, most likely Quarter 1 or Quarter 2 of next.
        Last edited by DGhost; 9 April 2003, 22:47.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Well OK, should've made clearer what I mean - I didn't mean that MS will launch the product just now, just that they would officially announce it. I believe they did now I was looking for that press release you linked to, couldn't find it though.

AZ

Comment

Working...
          X