Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a Coax-to-RCA wire/device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a Coax-to-RCA wire/device?

I need a device/wire that can let me do Coax-to-RCA.

Older Sony Playstation RFU units had video/audio RCAs with a DC out that went to a 75 ohm jack. It was good for hooking LCD TVs to your camcorder if you had no swivelscreen. They don't supply them anymore but you might be able to find them at a Pawnshop, if you're willing to buy a Playstation with it.

Also, many DVD players use this connection...

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Phire: Do you mean RF signal to a/v signal or a coax cable to an rca cable?
      Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
      Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Well I bought a video transmitter, but unfortunatly it does NOT have a Coax-In. And my cable box uses Coaxial cables. The transmitter uses RCA cables. So I need a wire or some sort of device that will allow me to connect the two devices.

Comment

Phire:

You need more than a simple connector/adapter if I read you correctly.

You need an RF converter as well, something that will take composite video and plant that signal on TV Chan 3 or 4.

Or am I missing something??

Reading back it looks like you want to go the other way...strip the broadcast carrier and output to composite video. Any VCR will do that.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 20 September 2000).]
          Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
          CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
          Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Like Bixler said get a cheap vcr. They make devices that do this but they cost more than the $60 of a cheap vcr.
            Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
            Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Not true.

Radio Shack carries a stand alone RF Unit for around $29.99. It's tiny. Who needs a trashy little vcr taking up space?

Comment

Oh wait! Coax-RCA! Oh! Backwards, eh? Uhm... Yeah get the vcr!

Comment

Working...
                X