5 BNC cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 BNC cable

Could anyone recommend me a good 10' 5 BNC cable (gold plated ends) ?

And probably, also the site that sells it, because it's hard to find it here.

Arm-thick gold wires, too?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, I thought only the contacts were gold plated ?

Hit me with a sollution of your choice that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg... maybe just an arm

Comment

No ideas ?
        Would something like this do the job ?

I need it for the LG F900P I just bought today, that didn't came with a BNC cable in the box.

Comment

This monitor doesn't really NEED BNC inputs, afaik, or does it? Because BNC might gain you a little sharpness, but not enough to justify such a price, IMHO. Especially with a non absolutely high-end monitor.

That said, yes, that's pretty much what you were looking for. They have a shorter version of that cable available there (6 feet should be more than enough), and shorter is always better.

AZ

Comment

Unfortunately most of the commercially available BNC cables suck... they have poor shielding and use cheap conductors.
            However, I've gotten cables from L-Com for stuff at work, and their high end ones are quite good. Haven't tried the BNC one, but here is the link.. its got better shielding than the Belkin

Oh btw, gold plated ends on the BNC asn't going to do crap. Its all about the shielding and copper conductor.

Comment

The gold plated stuff is just about corrosion and looks - and retail price

AZ

Comment

Why are BNC's sharper than "standard" monitor cables?

Comment

Better shielding of red, green, blue, clock against one another.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                    Why are BNC's sharper than "standard" monitor cables?
                    There is nothing magical about BNC connectors or cables. A well constructed and shielded DB-15 to DB-15 cable will give you just as good or better quality as a DB-15 to BNC cable. Perhaps a well constructed BNC to BNC cable would be a bit better, but no video card that I know of has BNC outputs.

Comment

The true benefit of BNC is seen with cards that have a 13W-3 connector. Those suckers are heavy duty isolated signal connectors. High end cards for specialized graphics stations have them, as well as lots of Sun/SGI computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasz
                        There is nothing magical about BNC connectors or cables. A well constructed and shielded DB-15 to DB-15 cable will give you just as good or better quality as a DB-15 to BNC cable. Perhaps a well constructed BNC to BNC cable would be a bit better, but no video card that I know of has BNC outputs.
                        Canopus has a card with BNC outputs...
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I've used BNC for years now.

When I bought my current 17" about 5 years ago I had a real hard time getting a monitor with BNC and DB15 inputs.

One of my pet hates is a monitor with a captive signal cable, i've seen so many problems with the cable getting damaged where it emerges from the case.

A well constructed BNC cable will give you a better/sharper image than a DB15, mainly because the bandwidth of BNC style cable is typically double that of twisted cores. The only real draw back using BNCs is that you loose the 1 or 2 pins that allow you monitor to talk to your graphics card

My next monitor will be a DVI input LCD, I can't think of a single reason why to buy an analogue only input LCD.

Robert.
                          --
                          Robert Hodkinson, SF nut, Sound nut and a Render-head.
                          reply email is bag.it@ntlworld.com
                          The only 'wave shape', I want to see, is on the beach.

Comment

I'd say impact image quality-wise goes in order: monitor (bad monitor and no Matrox card or good cable will help you) > card > cable

Comment

Working...
                            X