Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new win-cmd 3.08 seti-client is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new win-cmd 3.08 seti-client is out.

ftp://alien.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/set...nt-cmdline.exe

I'll guess the download-page will be updated soon...

Nice!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Version 3.08 is a precautionary security release. There was a potential buffer overrun in the networking code of the client that is fixed with version 3.08. Note that to exploit this vulnerability, a potential attacker would have to trick the client into contacting a fake server rather than the actual SETI@home server. To our knowledge, no SETI@home client has ever been attacked in this manner.
      Thanks go to Berend-Jan Wever for finding this bug and demonstrating the exploit and to Steffen Zahn for helping to track it down in the code.
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

As for speed, I haven't much data yet, but for normal wu the new client seems to use 5-10% longer time.
        For high angle-range, it seems to be like before, or a little bit faster...
        For VLAR, I've only crunched 1 wu, but this was much faster than before, using the same time as a normal wu with v3.03.

Comment

Working...
        X