Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disposable Food Storage Containers

I just thought I'd let you know from my own personal experience:
    Do not buy the new Rubbermaid food storage containers, if you ever plan on putting them in the dishwasher. I normally only buy the Gladware containers. I saw these new ones in the store. They were on sale, as a new product. I thought to myself, Rubbermaid is a good brandname, I'll try them out. I was going to buy more storage containers at the time anyway. It was on my shopping list. Boy what a waste of money.

After washing them in the dishwasher the lids no longer seal liquid tight. If there not liquid tight, they are definitely not airtight. I've had similar problems with Ziplock too. I reported this to Rubbermaid.

Gladware containers are definitely the only ones I'll buy from now on

Thanks for the heads up.
    --Insert something here--

Comment

isn't it amazing what you can find out on a graphics card forum?

Don't use squezy washing up liguid; i'm sure its just green water.

:-)
      I hate flankers...

Comment

Yeah, the Glad ones are good. I use them for all the really potent stuff that stains plastic when you nuke it.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Glad-ware here too.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I choose Gladware also, as they don't melt quite as much as the other ones do when in my dishwasher/microwave.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Excuse me, but did I just log into the wrong forums? This place seems to have a bunch of housewives with the same usernames as those on the murc, traditionally a good home to testosterone.

T.
              FT.

Comment

Hey, Gladware is great for holding motor oil, or beer!
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

You all make me smile Which is a good thing for a Tuesday morning at work.

Don't you think that Dyson vacuum cleaners are over-priced? Terrible, isn't it?
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I thought this was all very amusing as well... until I went and looked and discovered that the excellent sandwich boxes I've been using all this time are gladware.

Guess I made the right choice..

Comment

What is the preferred brand for washing machines in the US and the UK?

Here it's Miele, hands down. Great build quality, good on features, wash thoroughly, and last a life.

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                        What is the preferred brand for washing machines in the US and the UK?

Here it's Miele, hands down. Great build quality, good on features, wash thoroughly, and last a life.

AZ
                        Sears Kenmore - great brand - and I believe they are made by Maytag.
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gtforty
                          Sears Kenmore - great brand - and I believe they are made by Maytag.
                          Yes and a no.

Sears, and many other "house brands", will hire Maytag, Fridgidaire and whoever else to build them scaled down versions of their products. They use a cheaper hose here, a smaller motor there, thinner steel another place, until the product is priced how the seller wants it.

The same with a lot of electronics.

Sears with their Kenmore line are the masters of this. I normally like to avoid the house brands for the full blown product, but sometime you just can't afford the good stuff

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hmm, wonder what kind I use. They're clear with a blue transparent lid.

Comment

Right, that's it. Does anybody know where you can all sell your penises? No one here has a need for them anymore.

T.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X