Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about MSP7.0 mpeg capture...

... using a Cinergy 400 TV card.

Please kick me, I feel -such- a newbie asking this question.

I can only capture using the "default settings" in terms of resolution (320x200 I THINK, working from bad memory here) at home, using both MSP7.0 capture program as DVDMF2's capture system. (Mpeg2)

Any higher resolution bombs out with an "unexpected error, the file may be unusable ....." from Ulead's software (so no crash). Sometimes a mini-file of just 2 or 3 frames is created, but that's it.

I can capture using the same card with any other software at higher resolutions, in mpeg2, in mjpeg and Divx5.03 if I want. I can capture correctly over my DV cam.

Is this a limitation of MSP, a settings problem on my part, a problem with this specific TV-Card's chipset ? I've seen there are a couple of people using a Cinergy, so maybe they could be so kind at least confirming/denying this is a generic problem ?

Thanks in Advance,
    Kris

I've no experience of Cinergy, but what is the resolution of your MPEG-2 original? If it is only 320 x 200, I doubt whether it's possible to capture at a higher resolution.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

... sorry for not beeing to clear on this. I'm trying to capture straight from the card's Tuner or Analogue Composite Input.

Comment

Working...
      X