1U AMD boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1U AMD boards?

Are there any single CPU 1U AMD boards? Or can a standard ATX board somehow fit in a 1U chassis?

Height wise, I believe all motherboards fit 1U, except the new Gigabyte boards with dual power.

But I've seen some 1U chasises only accept MATX boards.
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Is that a fact? Know of any good 1U (or maybe 2U) servers that can fit an A7n8x deluxe, a vid card (ouch...height) and the HSF?

How tall is a 2U? 3" or so?
      Hmm...

Comment

I think you need 45° ram sockets.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

1U is 1.75in, 2U is double that.
          You don't necessarily need 45o ram sockets... but in that case you need low profile rams.
          There are many 1U HSF so its not a problem. But make sure all HSF are sucking instead of blowing in an 1U environment.
          Gfx card.... I haven't heard of a 1U server that is not using onboard gfx yet.
          You could possibly use a PCI gfx card with a riser card...
          AMD platform is a bit too hot for 1U in my opinion... n-force + athlon
          I think you'd better go for 2U, as 1U is quite limited in space and more expensive too....
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

1 HU coolers compared: http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm

AZ

Comment

Even with a 2U case your not going to be able to use an AGP video card as the riser will only have PCI slots on it
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Hmmm, so waht's the best COA here? A cost effective board that will utilize DDR, that's stable, will run well in freeBSD, and will run an XP2000+.

Comment

How about that new Chaintech M-ATX NForce2-IGP board???
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

What for? Do you have to pay per height unit?

AZ

Comment

A friend of mine only has 2U of space left or something like that.

That Chaintech might work...

I assume you mean the "Chaintech Summit 7NIF2 Mainboard"?

Anyone have any experience with it?

So that board in a 2U will work? Just different HSF than a normal one? and RAM will have enough clearance, right? What about the PSU?

Comment

In a 2U case you can use pretty much any HSF. RAM clearance shouldn't be an issue either, it's only 1U cases where that's a problem.
                        Last edited by Taz; 4 April 2003, 15:33.
                        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

You buy the PSU as well when you buy the chassis. Thats why 1U chassis is always very expensive...
                          Are you sure the current N-force support under FreeBSD is good enough?
                          Oh by the way, many 1U or 2U chassises only support slimline optical drives, and have only SCSI modules but not 3.5" space...
                          Hmmm you did say cost effective... ever considered Epia rack?

Comment

Here's a diagram of a 2U case to give you an idea of dimensions :-

Comment

I was wrong, you can get them with an AGP slot on the riser

Comment

Working...
                              X