MSP7 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP7 Problem

I have installed MSP7 just yesterday and I got a strange problem.
    I loaded in source window an MPEG2 clip and I use the jog shuttle to 'navigate' video ... i got a bluscreen !!!!

I have disabled any cache in the bios following indication of message in bluescreen and restart PC.

All now is ok and I notice that the problem is only with MPEG2 files.

Any indication to resolve this problem without disbling all caches ??

Thanks a lot.
    Bye
    Visit my site and please ... leave a message !

http://glbpro.tripod.com

No, not really. But do know it's a-typicall behaviour. I've been editing Mpeg2-based files with MSP7.0 since the first day I downloaded the demo version, and it never bombed out on me once so far, though it _does_ make MSP react sluggish when doing large projects if you compare to MSP's reaction times when doing DV or Mjpeg. But I can live with that.

What kind of machine are you using, what are the parameters of the used Mpeg files (datarate, CBR/VBR, resolution....), how where they captured and what's your machine setup like ?

Comment

What video card?

Jack Hu has reported that the dual-head stuff is broken for GeForce TVout cards, perhaps this is one of the issues?

--wally.

Comment

I have had problems with the Jog shuttle (including the dreaded blue screen) and it has always turned out to be a sound card problem. You can easily check if this is the case by disabling the sound card in the device manager. Note though that I have MSVP6.5 rather than 7 but I would guess that the same problems might occur.

Cheers,

David.

Comment

Working...
        X