Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spambattle.com

What do people think of this??/

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I don't think it costs ANYONE $10 every time you click a spam link.

Their math is bad but their idea is solid.

I have spoken.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, Overture has several payment methods, IIRC. Pay-per-Click, and Pay-per-Buy.

And I don't think this really hurts the bad spammers - maybe some of them, but not enough to really matter.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I feel this is a scam: a sure way of adding your e-mail address to the spamlists. You will not hurt them, you will hurt yourself.

I'm no longer bothered by spam. I have 99+% spam elimination using POPFile Bayesian filtering. See http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

This is the only system I've tried that WORKS (but it does require a few days training).

And it's open source and free.

I'm so impressed with it I gave them a voluntary donation and you must know how that hurts (I'm of Scottish origin!).
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

LOL @the Scotts!
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on that software Brian, just installed seems to work well

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Apple's anti-spam stuff is said to work very very well. It's learning as well!

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've been using Cloudmarks spamnet and it works very good for me, though only for Win2K and XP and outlook
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                X