Search 4 characters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search 4 characters?

I noticed that the search minimum length has increased from 3 to 4 characters. I know that Sasq is very busy, but is there any way this could be put back to 3?

its been 4 for about 6 months basically its just to the size of the db down.
    what are you looking for?
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
      its been 4 for about 6 months basically its just to the size of the db down.
      what are you looking for?
      Heh, well I guess I never noticed it before. I was doing a couple of searches today and trying to use PCI and NIC.

Edit: Well I suppose it's not a big deal if the db size is kept down. (Meaning the 3 character is not a big deal, small db is good!)
      Last edited by bsdgeek; 31 March 2003, 19:44.

Comment

Its small and common posted words like ATI, AMD, PCI etc that really pads out the db.

And believe me, you don't want to know how big the DB is..

There is a rumor that the new version of vBB will have a more compact/smarter search engine. However as its a new ground up re-write I won't be looking at updrageing until a few point revisions have passed (also lets not talk about the intergration and hacks I will need to transfer)

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
        X