DVDMax problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax problems

I've got a strange problem with my G400 and DVDMax function.

If I play a video file it shows perfectly, onto the monitor and on TV.

But If I play a DVD I have a perfect output onto the monitor while on TV the movie seems to skip some frames...

Any idea? Someone already solved this problem?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Do you have this problem with all DVD's (PAL) or do you have an american NTSC movie and you are watching it on PAL television?

Comment

PAL DVD's (I hope, they are all original bought to the shop), PAL television.

Comment

Ok, made a few more check and find a bit more infos:
        It happens when there are rapid movement onto the screen or a lot of detail, like if there are too much datas to transfer.

The DVDs are all PAL. I have no problem with them on screen, so it maybe a problem in the cable.

I use the Video Out jack, the yellow one; it's inserted in the left channel of a normal audio cable.
        This cable is plugged to a scart adapter; the scart adapter has a Video In, a S-VHS in and a SCART out.
        The Scart output goes to the TV with a 6 meters cable plugged into the TV's SCART IN.

Maybe the cable is the trouble-maker?

Comment

I see the same on my Parhelia occasionally. 2m of cable, otherwise exactly the same arrangement with SCART adapters etc. This is on PAL DVD's/PAL TV as well. Although as I only set it all up last night, haven't had time to fiddle much. It probably is worth checking if DMA is enabled on the DVD-ROM drive though - this has caused skipping for me (on the monitor) in the past with a G450...
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I have had the same problem with all the G400 and G450 cards I had. In windows 98 with current drivers the movies play back flawlessly, in Windows 2000 or XP I get "hick-ups" (only noticable during scenes where the whole screen moves or during faster action scenes... don't get me mistaken, the problem is always there, but during scenes where not a lot happens you just don't see it). I have my system optimized (DMA on, swapfile ok) and the systeem is a PIV2Ghz with 512MB RAM, but exactly the same happend on my previous PIII500Mhz with 256MB ram... so it is not the hardware, is a driver issue I guess. But.... who has found the solution (except from running windows 98 where the problem does not exist, instead of windows XP)?

PS
            It is not only during DVDmax, but also on when playing movies fullscreen in clonemode... (on the TV, but also on the main monitor)
            What can I say? Matrox still has the best TV-out

Comment

My G400MAX seems to be running fine and fluid in DVD-Clone mode, on a widescreen TV....no apparent hiccups....
              Win2k, K7S5A-Lpro, Duron 1.3, 512Mb SDR.....latest driver from Matrox about 2-3 months ago...
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Adonias
                I have had the same problem with all the G400 and G450 cards I had.

[cut]

But.... who has found the solution (except from running windows 98 where the problem does not exist, instead of windows XP)?
                I did.

Changed videocard brand.

Comment

What do you use now? Ati?

Certainly not Nvidia, since their tv-out is just crap.

Comment

Ati, obviously. I did never thought about nVidia as an alternative.

Comment

The only problem is that Matrox is the only card that has RGB output over the TV-out.. or am i mistaken and is there some other 1337 card with this feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Adonias
                        The only problem is that Matrox is the only card that has RGB output over the TV-out.. or am i mistaken and is there some other 1337 card with this feature?
                        Dunno, for the sake of security I've bought a stand alone DVD player and trashed the cable.

Comment

right.. but this all doesn't solve the problem.... who else has got an idea ?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X