Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh Desktop Icons & No Powerdesk

Hi Folks,

Yah yah - shame on me... In general I hate prebuild systems... but currently I couldn't resist on some discount PC that was offered here in germany (for the germans here - the Aldi PC (Medion 8008))... now my considerations for a parhelia are yet again set back... (and my G200 in my now 3rd PC is going to be replaced by a G450).... ok, back to my topic... The PC came with a Radeon9600TX - wich actually is a modified Radeon9500Pro... And from the 1st few minutes I missed the Powerdesk Feature to save and restore the position of desktop icons - is there any freeware that allow for this function ?

CU,
    SHAnDRA

P.S.: As this PC came with XP Home and the GFX Card lacks the clarity in colour and sharpness I am used to, this PC is going to end up as a station for games and other stuff (backing up my old VHS tapes, and to store my System Backups of my PCs on DVD-RW)... but actually it will not replace my primary pc (even if that is "just" an Athlon XP21+)....

A quick google search came out with this program. Saves and restores icon positions, that what you needed? BTW, Aldi isn't just in Germany... it's the main place I buy groceries at and I'm in the middle of the US.
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 29 March 2003, 09:22.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Jon - thanks..... well $5 - but ok, lets 1st go for the trial period - maybe I find some freeware during that.... if not I may either get down to fresh up my c++ knowledge or maybe the tool feels just right for that price...

CU,
      SHAnDRA

P.S.: It is a shame that this is not a build in function of windows (If I remember it right even the old Amiga Workbench could store the position of icons - or was that also I tool i had installed - sigh, memory just fragments over those years)

Comment

I'm not quite sure what the problem you're having is, on my WinXP system the icons say where I put 'em without any additional utilities, unless I change desktop resolution. And yes, Workbench has a Snapshot function that can save window and icon locations.

Comment

Working...
        X