Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Determining the centroid of an irregular 2D shape???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining the centroid of an irregular 2D shape???

I've got a mate who is trying to find the centroid of an irregular 2D shape. The areas are regions of interest on 2D slices of MRI brain scans.

He has the XY coordinates for points at regular frequent intervals along the surface of the shape. He needs the centre of area in XY coordinates. He will be putting it into java, but he needs to understand the underlying mathmatical concept first.

I am sure that someone here can work this out.

TIA
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Cheers mate!

I'll get him to have a look now.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Thanks mate! He's a happy bunny

Comment

A Bunny that analyses MRI scans - no wonder the NHS is going downhill Errr, whatsup Doc? LOL
        FT.

Comment

ok... this centroid xy thing is a bit too much for me to handle.... maybe thats why they have a bunny analysing MRIs ... well they can multiply thats why...... (in know i am lame ....)
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

as paddy will tell you, i am anything but a bunny.

thanks for your help, though.
            I hate flankers...

Comment

welcome to the murc then
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
              X