HuffYUV on the G400 Marvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuffYUV on the G400 Marvel?

Hi, does HuffYUV work on the G400 Marvel? If so, could someone give me step by step instructions on how to get it working? Thanks!
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

1. get and install HuffYUV 2.1.1.

2. get and install G400 Video Tools ver. 1.52. 1.54's YUY2 support is broken.

3. go to the download page of http://www.desktopvideoworld.com and get Flying Dutchmans YUY2 utility. Run it to patch the video tools for YUY2.

4. don't use PC-VCR to capture. Use AVI_IO, MS VidCap, VirtualDUB or Uleads VCapture.

5. set the FORMAT as YUY2 and set the frame size.

6. set the COMPRESSION as HuffYUV and in its options set up YUY2/FAST.

7. capture.

The data rate for full frame YUY2/HuffYUV files will be 8-11 megs/sec, but you'll need about a 600+ mhz CeleronII/PIII/Duron/Athlon CPU to do it. 352x480 can easily be done by a 450-600 PII/PIII/Celeron/CeleronII CPU.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks, Dr. Mordrid!
      I read your post about Tom's Hardware now recommending the i815 chipset over the BX, so I checked it out. (I was in the market for a Microstar BXMaster mobo at the time)

As per his article, the i815 chipset has matured and stabilized enough to finally retire the aging BX chipset. Although no mobo really stood out in his review, he seemed to lean towards the no bells, no whistles Aopen AX35 Pro for a general all purpose board.

Now, what I'm really itching to know is of all the i815 mobos available, which one is best suited for video capture?

I've come to the conclusion that my PC is a little "long in the tooth" to do full screen video capture. I need a new processor, mobo and RAM (I have a MS-6119 mobo, a PIII-500 and 256 MB PC-100 RAM) I do have two Quantum Fireball UDMA66 HDs though, a 20Gig and a 30Gig. I've been looking at the PIII 800EB CPU and PC-133(CL2) RAM, but I'm lost when it comes to the i815 mobo selection.

What features do I need for video capture? A RAID HD setup? IEEE 1394? CNR? AC97? (what the heck are CNR & AC97 anyway?) I'm kinda new to this whole thing, but have been learning a lot from people on this forum.

Can I trouble you for some more advice? If you were building a video capture system from scratch, what would YOU buy? I've read enough of your posts to completely trust your recommendations. You're the "Yoda" of video editing in my books.

Thanks, Doc!(oops! can I call you "Doc"?)

PS-I'll be using a G400 Marvel for now, but in the future??? A G800 series RT2000 perhaps? I know, I know, Matrox... you've never heard of a G800 series card and no such cards are planned for release, yada yada yada....
      "Whoa..."
      Keanu Reeves.

Comment

The evil voices coming from my coffee grinder told me to bump this... OR ELSE!!!!!
        "Whoa..."
        Keanu Reeves.

Comment

Does this process also work for the Marvel G200?

Ted

Comment

Working...
          X