Clear All

• Meet Optimus Prime

I wonder if "someone" here would feel tempted to change his name also

Read here

National guardman changed his name to a toy
    Reported by Vic Gideon
    POSTED: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 11:02:13 PM
    UPDATED: Sunday, March 23, 2003 2:47:46 PM
    CUYAHOGA FALLS -- A member of Ohio's 5694th National Guard Unit in Mansfield legally changed his name to a Transformers toy.

Video: National guardman changed his name to a toy
    Requires RealPlayer

Optimus Prime is heading out to the Middle East with his guard unit on Wednesday to provide fire protection for airfields under combat.

"On Sunday, we were awarded as the best firefighting unit in the Army National Guard in the entire country," said Prime. "That was a big moment for us."

Prime took his name from the leader of the Autobots Transformers, which were popular toys and a children's cartoon in the 1980s.

He legally changed his name on his 30th birthday and now it's on everything from his driver's licence, to his military ID, to his uniform.

"They razzed me for three months to no end," said Prime. "They really dug into me about it."

"I got a letter from a general at the Pentagon when the name change went through and he says it was great to have the employ of the commander of the Autobots in the National Guard."

Prime says the toy actually filled a void in his life when it came out.

"My dad passed away the year before and I didn't have anybody really around, so I really latched onto him when i was a kid," he said.

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

His name is Optimus Prime!!!

This dude here: is Optimus Prime!!!

His name is Optimus Prime!!!

I can't get over it, his NAME is Optimus Prime.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well, you can too change your name for a fee.

Comment

Watch the video. It is even funnier. The used footage from the movie in the news report.

Comment

ahhahahahaah..... lol i was considering changing my name.. but not after a toy
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I was thinking that Technoid would change his name, being his avatar and all
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
              I was thinking that Technoid would change his name, being his avatar and all
              He he, I'm a Transformers fan, I'm not crazy as that guy

And besides, beings with the name Prime seems to atract maniacs armed with fusioncanons
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                . . . . And besides, beings with the name Prime seems to atract maniacs armed with fusioncanons

Comment

Working...
                X