MSP CG Infinity - No alpha channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP CG Infinity - No alpha channel

Has this ever happened to anyone else? All at once, I cannot get MSP 5.2 to recognize the alpha channel in CG infinity titles. When I select "alpha channel" in overlay options, everything disappears -- including my titles. Any wierd options I could have inadvertently reset that could cause this. Have K6-233 with 5.1 gig Maxtor drive, RR-S with Mystique 220.

I haven't been able to get an alpha channel out of video paint and haven't found a solution yet! Could it be that you're not saving at the same bit rate (24 bit)? I know this option is in Video paint.

Comment

I believe you have to use 32 bit graphics to use alpha channels.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks, but everything is saved in 24 bit (32 bit is not an option in CG Infinity). Strange thing is, the alpha channel works fine on my husband's machine. I temporarily loaded MSP just to check, so it's not the software. It has to be something with my machine (and apparently others). I KNOW I had it working at one time, but it's been a while since I've had time to use it. Lord knows what has been loaded since that's causing an issue. Could it be latest RR-S or Mystique drivers? Any other ideas! Other, guess it's just a titling program gone to waste.

Comment

I now seem to have the same problem with CG titles. Although they have overlay'd nicely using the alpha channel option in the past, they now simply don't work.
          Did anyone come up with a possible solution/explanation for this problem???
          thx...Rob
          PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Unfortunately since my last post the problem has not been resolved. I dropped the issue and went back to using Photoshop for title graphics then apply moving paths, fades etc in VE.
            I'd now like to re-visit the problem and make use of CG if at all possible. Has anyone else encountered the "no alpha channel" problem with CG files?? Anyone find a solution??
            PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Adobe defines the alpha channel in connection with 32-bit files.

But if you're using Ulead MediaStudio Pro, then IGNORE Adobe's definition.

In fact, Microsoft and Ulead have a variant definition:

They define alpha channel as 8-bits of "color" within a 24-bit file.

That's why Ulead MediaStudio Pro's Video Editor will not let you load a 32-bit targa, for example, into the timeline. You must use a 24-bit Targa.

Stay with 24-bits if you're using Ulead video products.

I've never had a CG Infinity alpha channel 'go bad' on me so I'm not sure what might explain what happened to the original poster.

Comment

Working...
              X