Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I.E. 6.0 SP1 w2ksp3 not connecting using 128bit encryption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.E. 6.0 SP1 w2ksp3 not connecting using 128bit encryption.

The machine works fine browsing normally but when going to http://www.firsthorizonwholesale.com it refuses to completely load the page and it gets

403.5 Forbidden: SSL 128 required
    Tried uninstalling the certificates and reinstalling from a working machine. I made sure SSL was active in "Internet Options". I tried uninstalling I.E. 6 and reinstalling, but no go. Mozilla connects so SSL seems to work, but cannot render the page properly. ANy ideas?

Anyway to reinstall SSL for Internet Explorer?

Comment

Seems that the 128 bit encryption is not setup properly. Trying to delve into the cab files and rip it out and put it back in.

Comment

Why does no one ever answer my questions Are they too hard

In any case, I did a repair to reactivate the encryption.
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 27 March 2003, 13:26.

Comment

Well not much of a IE experts here.

Comment

The system file protection tried to revert back to the screwed up state when I logged on as a different administrator. I've never had this problem with any other machine. Oh well. It's working now.

This is the machine put together to replace the company presidents machine that trashed itself this past weekend. Thankfully we were able to recover 99% of the data and then this. The early part of this week has been hell technology wise as well as other obvious reasons.

Comment

there's always the repair function (control panel => add/remove software => remove IE => repair) if you've updated the soft from its I-come-with-Windows version.

Comment

All sane attempts have failed. I have not even been able to disable Windows File Protection. The methods for Service Packs two or earlier do not seem to work on SP3 or at least not for me. Anyone know the way to disable for SP3 or how to do a scan and find out which files are different so that it may be rectified properly. Right now he just clicks cancel when the message comes up.

Added:
                Forget it. After tryin to fix the problem, some boot files were trashed. His machine has been replaced and now I need to redo mine again.
                Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 28 March 2003, 13:43.

Comment

Working...
                X