Traffic woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic woes

The shittiest thing just happened to me...

I was in a lane that was ending and a car that was about 50 ft behind me in the lane I was merging into, purposely sped up so he could try and cut me off even though he was waaaayyy behind me. I do what I normally do, which is speed up a tad and slowly start merging over and the person usually slows down and lets me in.
    Not this guy. This pyschopath rides the car in front of him and purposely squeezes me out of the lane and although I am fairly passive I hate letting people get away with shit like that so I squeezed into him and laid on the horn thinking he would back off. Nope. So I say **** it and speed up and pass two more cars in front of him and get into the lane that way.
    He now proceeds to cut into the shoulder, speed up and tells me to get out of the car, I try to ignore him so this piece of shit ****head flys in front of me and slams on the brakes. I almost hit him. He stops us both on the freeway continually trying to get me to get out of my car. Now, I will be the first to admit that I was somewhat scared but if I have to fight, then that's what I'll do. The part that was really bothering me is, I have a really bad back and nerve problems so I was even more nervous because in reality, he could just push me and I'd lose my balance. AT this point I deciced that I would lose this battle so I just continued to ignore him. But he wouldn't let up. This dickhead would swerve between two lanes trying to get me to pull over almost getting into several wrecks and side swiping my car on many occasions. In all honesty, I thought he would hit my truck.
    At this point, I am thinking to my self, if this ****er hits me, I am going to snap and ram his ****ing car over and over again until he is splattered all over the road. There was nothing else I could do since he wouldn't let me pass. Finally, he decided to speed away. Man, why are people such ****oles. He start the whole ****ing thing and then turns into a pyschopath.

After 9 years of the same commute, I can see how road rage can happen because next time I will kill that ****er.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Next time, write down or memorize his licence plate, then call the state patrol, and report him for assault. The idiot never has to touch you to be concidered assault.
    I have no tolerance for road rage morons, and have called in several over the years.
    At the very least, the cops contact the idiot, and next time he'll think about it before he pulls that kinda BS again.
    Here in Colorado, road rage was getting to be a big problem, till they started cracking down on it, issuing tickets and pressing charges. In the last couple years it has made a noticable difference in the way most people behave behind the wheel.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yeah, I should have done that. You know how it is though, everything is happening so fast and then it's over. Glad to hear that you've done it a few times

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Heh.. next time when you see a "merge right" sign, I bet you do it NOW.

In your case, yes, if you were way ahead of him, that's reasonable. The guy's a nutcase anyhow.. I have purposely blocked people from getting in front of me when they think they can whiz past me and cut in front at the last minute though.. it really pisses me off when I went ahead and got in line, but some people think they are better than everyone else and can just go right to the front and force their way in. Actually had a Winnebago try that on me, but I wouldn't budge.. just kept right on the tail of the guy in front of me. The bastard tried to force me off the road, too.. I managed to win the battle with much honking and middle finger waving..

Comment

Never let a prat like that in front of you. Keep them behind if you can. It helps if you got a car fast enougth to do that though. Once got chased through Buckinghamshire by one prat who'd got upset becuase I've over took him.
          The chances of remembering his number plate I would say is about zero. Even after that it's you word against his unless it's on some camera somewhere. These people don't think and this reporting them without any proof won't alter there actions on the road.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I had a situation similar to that a few weeks ago. I was driving on a 3 lane highway. I was in the left lane, passing some slower cars, doing probably about 120Km/h, which is about average traffic speed (official limit is 100). Then I came up fast on some guy that was doing 80 in the left lane. I quickly flashed my high beams to give him a chance to move over and let me pass, but got absolutely no response. I flashed a few more times, still getting no response. Not even a look in the mirror, even though it was night time and I was illuminating the entire interior of his car.

Trying to wake him up, I gave him a brief honk. Well, that really pissed him off apparently, because he jabbed his brake, I guess he was trying to scare me off. He then proceeded to slow to 60Km/h. I hung back a little and flashed one more time, and I decided it was time to pass him on the right (which is illegal, but sometimes you have to do it to get around these bozos).

So I dropped down to third gear, and signalled that I was going to pull out and pass. At that point, the jackass floors it. Luckily, he's in a land-yacht buick, and I'm in a manual transmission accord, so I was able to slowly overtake him, but I had to get up over 170Km/h to do it. I probably should have backed down at that point, but the adrenaline was pumping, and there wasn't much traffic on the road, so I completed the pass and pulled back in front of him.

We then came up on some slower traffic, so I slowed down thinking it was all over. The jackass pulls out to the right, comes right up beside me, and starts moving left, in an attempt to push me off the road! I was leaning on the horn the whole time, and eventually other drivers around him start honking as well, but he keeps weaving back and forth trying to get me into the ditch. He continued matching my speed and weaving into my lane for almost 3Km, until finally his exit came up and he darted over to the right to exit. He was giving me the finger while he was driving off.

I still have no idea what drove him so insane. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Maybe he thought since he pays his taxes he owns the frickin road or something. He looked a little young, and he had a friend in the passenger seat, so maybe they were just having a little fun or something, out for a joy ride in daddy's car. I dunno.

There has been a crackdown by the cops to get the left lane hogs to move over. They're actually ticketing people for disrupting the flow of traffic. It was all over the news a few weeks before this event, but apparently this guy doesn't have a tv or radio
            Last edited by agallag; 26 March 2003, 09:00.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Helevitia: I know how you feel. Seems like the retards in my city have nothing better to do. It's sad really, I'm forced to keep a 10" knife under my seat for protection. My buddy keeps a Louiseville baseball bat in his car, which is also easily accessible.

I've never had to use it so far, but I have pulled it out a few times for some un-sure situations. But it doesn't matter if your nice, or even if apologetic, most of the time they only want to cause trouble. It's frustrating to see that some people still haven't evolved yet.

I want one of those below so bad. Cops use it to push criminals off the road, why not use it to push ****oles off the road?
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's even better when you get a load of anger and rage when you help prevent someone from having a head on accident.
                Theres loads of dumb ****s out there.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                  I had a situation similar to that a few weeks ago. I was driving on a 3 lane highway. I was in the left lane, passing some slower cars, doing probably about 120Km/h, which is about average traffic speed (official limit is 100). Then I came up fast on some guy that was doing 80 in the left lane. I quickly flashed my high beams to give him a chance to move over and let me pass, but got absolutely no response. I flashed a few more times, still getting no response. Not even a look in the mirror, even though it was night time and I was illuminating the entire interior of his car.

Trying to wake him up, I gave him a brief honk. Well, that really pissed him off apparently, because he jabbed his brake, I guess he was trying to scare me off. He then proceeded to slow to 60Km/h. I hung back a little and flashed one more time, and I decided it was time to pass him on the right (which is illegal, but sometimes you have to do it to get around these bozos).
                  That gets me more than anything else in traffic. Some ****ole, no offense agallag, high beaming me from behind. Your case is different because he was doing 80 in the left line.

But when the limit is 100, I'm doing 120, and someone comes up behind me and flashes to get me out of the way, there's not much chance I'll move for at least 2 or 3 KMs. And I might slow down too.
                  #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                  people do all day!"

Comment

Lucky for me here you can pass somebody on the right lane also...
                    The only problem is...no highways :|

On the other think...situations like that doesn't happen here I guess...
                    Of course there are people waiting till the end of the line for example, but no psychos I think...and those you witnessed definetely were ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
                      But when the limit is 100, I'm doing 120, and someone comes up behind me and flashes to get me out of the way, there's not much chance I'll move for at least 2 or 3 KMs. And I might slow down too.
                      Yeh when that happens to me I slow down to the limit and if they keep it up I keep slowing down unless the other lane is empty of course. If it's in town I also let people out of junctions and pedrestrians cross the road. End result impaitant driver a lot later than she/he would have been if she/he had been more curtious in the first place.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
                        That gets me more than anything else in traffic. Some ****ole, no offense agallag, high beaming me from behind. Your case is different because he was doing 80 in the left line.

In that case I just get out of the way. No reason to cause any more issues.

As you may guess, hardly anything make me pissed in traffic.

Comment

I don't know what it is with drivers these days but agallag's situation is becoming more and more common place here in Southern Ontario.

Most drivers are now easily pissed off but even the smallest most ingnificant of things.

Especially on the 401. I've often had this situation happen to me where I'm driving on the left lane doing about 130km/h when two cars, side by side going the exact same speed and not allowing anyone to pass, come up behind me and start flashing their lights and honking at me so I can let them pass. BUT I CAN"T CAUSE YOU MORONS ARE TAKING UP BOTH LANES!!!!

Where was I when the Ministry of Transportation started HANDING out drivers liscenses???
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

George Carlin had a sage comment on all this.. I can't find the quote so I paraphrase:

Ever notice how everyone driving 5mph slower than you is an IDIOT, and everyone driving 5mph faster than you is a MANIAC?

Comment

And if you put all the cars in your country end-to-end, some stupid bastard will try overtaking the lot
                              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
                              X