Rather than delete the Temp forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather than delete the Temp forum...

After wondering where all the political threads I was following went, and indeed finding them, I find that there is an attached disclaimer..."this forum will be deleted"

Anyway, while I completely agree about the forum rules still applying, if not even stricter, would it not be possible just to throw them all into our mothballed TSB, or just mothball/lock the Temp Forum?

We all seem to be pretty well behaved so far, not too much flamebait, but plenty of (somewhat heated) debate. A lot of this debating is very informational though, very interesting and very much worth keeping - in my humble opinion anyway

So, can we keep the threads from being deleted, as it would be a shame to lose it all

Go on, you know it makes sense

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

No

Comment

Are we going to get a warning before it disappears?
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It will go at the end of hostilities, whether they be on or off the forum

Comment

Well, but say you would find one or more volunteers to moderate the Temp forum> I mean, I have to say the quality of the discussions IMO is very high. I haven't seen any real badgering yet. I simply would not know where else to look for these sort of discussions. And I like m. Very informative, usually well put and supported and all.

I mean, one guy even called MURC a Harware Site. That's something more will believe if you ditch the Temp

Can;t we at least talk about it?
          Umf
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I may change my mind if the current level of relative civility can be maintained

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
              ...current level of relative civility can be maintained
              That's something I haven't heard a politician say yet!

Comment

Working...
              X