X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega bug on marvel G400

Sorry for my english but I'm french.
    Here is my problem.

I sometimes take my computer to do network games with my friends. I don't take the BOB because I do not capture during playing Unreal Tournament. The matter is when I come back to my home and plug again my BOB there is a "window bug" !
    The movie that I want to capture seems to be "locked" on the upper left side of my screen. I can be full screen or in windowed mode, the movie is always at the same place and with the same size.

Of course I uninstalled powerdesk5.5 and videotools 1.52(for YUV)with the software in "SysUtils 1.09" . Then I reinstall many version of powerdesk and VT but the "bug" is still here.
    This is not the first time it happens but the only solution I found was to format my hard disk.
    But I don't want to do this every week if I often do network with my friends !

What can be the solution?
    I know some people are experts here, maybe they will understand my problem.

I have to say that when I wasn't with the bob I tried to read Matrox MJPEG movies.
    Maybe that changed something in a windows config file ?

Here are two pictures showing exactly what I can see with this "bug".
    http://ckj.free.fr/bug_fullscreeen.jpg
    http://ckj.free.fr/bug_window.jpg

Please Help me.

I had the same problem a while ago. I *think* it was caused by which IRQ Windows had assigned to my Millennium G400. According to the guys at Matrox (if I remember correctly), their cards function best on IRQs between 7 and 11. Mine was set to use a low IRQ. Changing it to one in that range fixed the problem.

Kefoo

[This message has been edited by kefoo (edited 09 September 2000).]

Comment

Me too, experienced strange things with the G400s BOB.
      Sometimes it helps me to display a TV channel on the PC VCR, than switch over to an other and back again to initiate the BOB. It corrects some display errors. I didn't found any explanation why, but it helps, sometimes. Sometimes not. It feels like the BOB doesn't switch over from mode to a differrent one. In my case it happens when I play first .mpg than .avi. Strange.
      It is just an idea, maybe it helps you.
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

my IRQ is 11 (I can't change it from windows) and their is no conflict.
        Changing the channel does not resolve the problem.
        Thank you for trying to help me but I have to say that before I unpluged the BOB everything wos OK.
        When I plugged it again, the problem appears.
        My G400 configuration has not changed between these two moments.

That's why I think it may be a software problem (which is not erased when I uninstall matrox driver).
        Maybe a windows file has changed when I tried to read MJPEG files without the BOB plugged...

I don't know.

I sent a mail to matrox but they haven't yet anwered (2 days left).

I don't want to format my disk again and hope someone will find a solution.

Comment

ckj, another try to help:
          I have had a similar problem when I first installed my Marvel. I couldnt move the video screen from the uper left corner.
          The problem was a missing VIAGART.VXD file.
          (I have a K6/2-400 on the PA-2013 motherboard and Via chipset)
          I have had to install right AGP update from my system CD.
          Maybe it helps?
          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

I finally format and it's ok......

I hope I will find a better solution for the next time.

Thank for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X