"Picture"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Picture"....

Whatcha think of Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow's duet "Picture"?

I think they should do an album together....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dunno haven't seen it.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's not bad really. My wife's favorite song at the moment, though that may change with how overplayed it is.

I saw the video for it the other day for the first time, and they really seemed to enjoy themselves, which is a good thing. Kid Rock definately isn't limiting himself genre wise (just look at this duets with Hank Williams, Jr.).
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

KR most certainly suprised me. I even bought his "Cocky" CD instead of just D/L'ing Picture as an MP3. You can give the "Picture" video a play on MTV.com, along with "You Never Met A White Boy Quite Like Me"...another neat tune;

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

This, Johnny Cash's remake of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" (WOW!!!) and the remake of Tears for Fears "Mad World" from Donny Darko are my favorite plays of late.

BTW: Joaquin Phoenix is to play Johnny Cash in the upcoming biopic: "Walk the Line". Reese Witherspoon is to play his wife June Carter.

Director: James Mangold of "Copland" and "Girl, Interrupted"

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 March 2003, 09:52.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

That should be interesting, the Cash biopic, to say the least. Kinda looking forward to seeing how Phoenix plays the role, as it's on of those that you can either do well or utterly fail at.

I agree though, Cash's remake of "Hurt" is pretty damn good. Haven't heard the Donny Darko remake of "Mad World" yet, will have to check that out.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I really like that song. Kinda suprised me.
            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Anyone know where you can DL a copy of the video to the HDD?
              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                This, Johnny Cash's remake of Nine Inch Nails "Hurt" (WOW!!!) and ...
                Dr. Mordrid
                I absolutely CANNOT stop listening to that song, great tune IMO.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I personally can't stand that kid rock/sheryl crow song. Typical country trash, drags on and on and on and on... can you tell I'm not a country fan?

Johnny Cash doing Hurt on the other hand, really well done version of a great song. Somehow it seems even more dark and depressing than the original. I'm very impressed.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I think most of you young'uns would be impressed by Johnny Cashs's past works. One of the great performers of the last 50 years IMO.

Cash, Roy Orbison, Burl Ives, Marty Robbins, Waylon Jennings, and Tennessee Ernie Ford were some of my real country/folk music favorites.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 March 2003, 14:28.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Byock
                      I really like that song. Kinda suprised me.
                      Which song?

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm with agallag. No to "pictures", damn "Hurt" was impressive. I see on the MTV site that Johnny Cash did a remake of "Personal Jesus" from Depeche Mode!!! HAHAHAHAHA .... it's great.

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Though one of my favorite Cash songs is the one with U2 from the Zooropa CD, "The Wanderer".

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cool part of Cash's album is who's playing and singing backgrounds;

Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar); Fiona Apple, Don Henley, Nick Cave (vocals); Smokey Hormel (acoustic guitar, slide guitar); Randy Scruggs, Jeff Hannah, Kerry Marx, Mike Campbell, Marty Stuart, John Frusciante, Thom Bresh (acoustic guitar); "Cowboy" Jack Clement (dobro); David Ferguson (ukelele); Laura Cash (fiddle); Terry Harrington (clarinet); Benmont Tench (piano, Wurlitzer piano, organ, harmonium, pipe organ, mellotron); Roger Manning Jr. (piano, harmonium, chamberlain, mellotron, orchestra bells); Billy Preston (piano); Joey Waronker (drums).

Shite.....

Know an extremely cool music DVD? "Roy Orbison and Friends: Black and White Night"....recorded at the Coconut Grove in LA with another s***load of stars doing backgrounds including Jackson Browne, Elvis Costello, K.D. Lang, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Waits, J. D. Souther & Jennifer Warnes.

Love it.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 March 2003, 14:30.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                            Which song?

Dr. Mordrid

Picture. Although I do like your list of artists, and have to agree with them. Of course I have always liked Country music, so that is why I was suprised by Kid Rocks song. Guess that will teach me to prejudge.

Comment

That list is a bit truncated. I have everything from Mozart & other classical to heavy metal, Indian as in India...not American Indian artists, in which I also have an interest. I really like the works of Douglas Spotted Eagle and Sacred Spirit.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 March 2003, 16:04.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X