Electronic components - where to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic components - where to buy?

I'm looking to put together a serial port receiver (lirc) and the only local place that has parts is Radio Shack, and they didn't have half the things I need. So does anyone know of an online store that doesn't require bulk orders?

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Digikey
    I can order by 7pm and I've got the parts the next day by 11 am - and they have to be shipped across a border to Canada!

You can order online or over the phone. shipping is about $8 cndn.

If you want to play with other infrared projusts have a look at some of the projects at www.avrfreaks.net . I've just started playing with the atmel avr microcontroller - it is an amazing piece of electronics.
    Last edited by gt40; 25 March 2003, 05:30.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

What's the US equivalent of RS Components or Farnell? In the UK they have pretty much everything.

Comment

This place has EVERYTHING under the sun here it seems, the one little problem is that everything is also a bit expensive (but then what isn't???) anyway here it is.

JDR.com - Contact us for any inquiries

on the left hand side you have basic computer parts towards the top and things like resistors and alike towad the bottom of the list. Closest thing to RS that I've found (and probably better as far as selection goes too..)

~Sethos
        "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X