Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capture error from tape with "null" signal

Hi,
    I have Marvel G400, and am using ReelCap to do batch capture.
    My source video comes from a VHS video cam recording on brand new tape, 2hrs of it.

The problem is, the recording on tape is not continuous. Sometimes the cameramen stopped the recording and go elsewhere and start new scene. No further editing and dubbing were done.

As the result, there are split seconds of signal loss in the tape (the sort that will show as blue screen on some VCR, like the end of tape). No signal at all between scene.

I was happily capturing, until the end my AVI files are found broken, because of the lost of signal.

I don't want to capture scene by scene and do a timeline. I want to capture in batch and encode them and string them together.

Is there anyway to trick Marvel so that it can continuously capture dispite that loss of signal?

When I use Snazzi to capture in MPEG, this sort of problem doesn't arise.

Please help!

Melter

By "batch capture" do you mean that ReelCap is a device controller? I've got a MediaMotion and posted a similar problem here but nobody answered it. I don't think there's enough wisdom here in the department of device control. My problem was after I'd mark in and out points and go to record, the camera would take a little while to start playing, which resulted in the RR-S I have to see the snow before the video signal came through. Because the RR-S had no signal to lock on it would give me a "signal not present" or something like that. I asked if the card could be delayed from checking the signal and got nothing but cricket chirps from the forum. You'd probably be better off contacting the company that makes ReelCap.

Good luck.

------------------
    Deep is not the root word of depression.
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Working...
    X