Any good file managers out there..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good file managers out there..

I'm looking for a file manager that will look for duplicate files on my hard drive. I've done alot of work at home lately and I've been backing up my work on a weekly routine, now that I'am done I'd like to have one copy of each file. It's a real pain to do it manually one directory at a time.
    Thanks and have a great Sunday!!

Windows (Total? - I wonder how it is called now) Commander has this feature - in advanced search options.

Comment

Close, but not quite what I'm looking for.
      I like to be able to compare two folder windows and see only the same files, and be able to choose the one to keep. Then delete the overly copied one.
      Thanks

Comment

Then go in WC to the two folders you want to compare and press shift+F2 (or menu Mark->Compare Directories).
        This will do opposite to what you want - it will select the files that make this two folders different. But in the same menu there's also option to invert selection.
        Last edited by Nowhere; 23 March 2003, 07:25.

Comment

Hmm, might be what I'm looking for. I'll check it out.
          Thanks Nowhere.

Comment

Hey,
            I tried to find Total Commander in Tucows and it didn't show up, that's where I started my search for a program to find a duplicate file program. So then I did a search with google. Why I didn't start with a google search in the first place I don't know. Anyways google had more than a few file explorer replacement programs like Total Commander, it showed Magellan, Accelman and Universal explorer as the most common. Anyone worked with any of these programs? Any recommandations?
            I'm a sucker for presentation and the Acellman explorer looks pretty good, they all do about the same functions, so tell me what you think. I got one rec for total commander form Nowhere.
            Thanks

Comment

Try Wincommander.

http://www.ghisler.com/ - total commander turned up when searching for that on google.

here's a link to download.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 25 March 2003, 16:18.

Comment

So that's two recs for Total Commander.
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X