Video Capture Problems with G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Capture Problems with G400

I wanted to capture some video and at some point it just stops recording. The timer keeps running but the frame count stops. This seems to happen at random points. I also noticed that the recorded AVI sometimes seems to be all distorted like this; I downloaded the latest bios updates, videotools and drivers. But it seems to become only worse...

Hello, I have had the same problem. Either the framecount stops, as you said, or 4h is recorded into one 2Gb file with a framerate of aprox. 4frames/sec. Now the problem is lost, but I still don´t have a clear diagnosis.. Here some things you could do..

Make sure your Bus isn´t overclocked.

Uninstall all matrox drivers and software using the uninstall tool that is to be found on matrox.com driver download page.

Install drivers for VT 1.52 and VT 1.52

Don't ou PC-VCR remote for capture. Use VirtualDub or AVI-IO or another third-party program..

Hope it helps, post if it does!

Comment

Well, i tried virtualdub but i just don't know how to make it record in MJPEG compression. And i also wonder why i can't capture with the Matrox VCR software annymore. I used to capture stuff smoothly without problems. But now it's just crap. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling. But nothing...

Comment

Sometimes...things just die.

------------------
        Deep is not the root word of depression.
        Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

I don´t really know why PC-VCR isn´t working.. Have you installed any codec, DVD software decoder or something?

in virtualDub, click CaptureAVI in the File menu. You can choose MJPEG in Video/Format

Hope it helps

Comment

Ok, i've capture a file in Virtualdub of over 3 Gb. But i can't open it now. The error i get is that is has no audio/video data or the file has been corrupted. Is it because it's over 2 Gb??? Now what?

Comment

--------------------------------------
              Ok, i've capture a file in Virtualdub of over 3 Gb. But i can't open it now. The error i get is that is has no audio/video data or the file has been corrupted. Is it because it's over 2 Gb??? Now what?
              --------------------------------------

What are you opening the file with? VirtualDub should be able to open any file that it captured itself (unless you used "compatibility mode" capture, in which case you aren't using the program to the best of its ability). If VirtualDub isn't sufficient for your editing needs, you can use it to split the file that it captured back into two <2GB segments for use with other programs; just open the file and select "Save Segmented AVI" from the file menu. Don't forget to select "Direct Stream Copy" from both the Video and Audio menus first.

[This message has been edited by Eric VanHeest (edited 14 September 2000).]

Comment

When i try to open it with Virtualdub it gives the error "invalid AVi file; LIST chunk < 4 bytes"...

Comment

Working...
                X