Uk Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk Host

Right I'm looking for a host which is preferably in the Uk to host my website and forum on I've also considered an ftp, any suggestions ? it has to support ASP

thx

I dont know of anything cheap... what sort of price range were you looking at???

What sort of access do you need?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

We were hoping for something around £10 a month as it is for a clan website. An ftp isn't completely necessary tbh.

thx

Comment

Do you need much space?
        What sort of internet access do you currently have?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The cheapest ones are in the USA, as far as I know. It makes no difference where they are, all other things being equal and many of the UK ones are not equal, but very slow. I've used http://www.pair.com/ for many years as they give excellent, reliable, value for money and are very responsive to problems AND they have multiple fast connections tot he Internet backbone.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I can't help you find providers, but you could get 100 MB webspace, 10GB transfer/month, ASP, POP eMail, FTP etc. for 4 EUR/Month or little more here. Dunno how prices are in the UK.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

One & One are pretty good, their business package is only £8.99 per month and includes PHP and MySQL support.

More details here
              When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I get a 404 there, Taz

Actually, 1 und 1 (the german head company) are the biggest hosts here (or in europe?), and they have very good prices and features and speed/availability. I just have one problem with them: I rented a web shop for testing purposes and they can't seem to figure out that I ended the contract *grrr

Gotta phone them on monday.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  I get a 404 there, Taz
                  I've amended the link, you should be able to see the page now
                  When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Works now

The product for 3dfx there would be the MS Home Package, 5.99 GBP.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                      The product for 3dfx there would be the MS Home Package, 5.99 GBP.
                      Uhm, that doesn't come with any DB support which is required by most forums

Comment

He said they needed ASP, so I assumed that was all they needed

AZ

Comment

Thx for the help guys, ASP was essential but we also want to host a forum. So would I need DB support too ?? for the forum

Comment

Depends on how big the forum... some of the smaller ones will save to a flat file... any particular reason you need ASP?
                            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

The website is in ASP, I didn't make it I helped a friend .hehe but he needs a proper host. As we are currently using a free American host ..lol and as you can imagine it takes ages to loade (and that's when it does) www.mxpro.cjb.net

Comment

Working...
                              X