Opera won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera won't start

My opear was working fine, except that whenever it used Java it crashed the whole system upon exit (PC just started new, so using opera and Java was the same as pushing the reset button ).

Yesterday it happened again, only that I wasnt able to start opera again. It was displayed under processes in the task manager, but not as an application. It had a high CPU utilization, but the program just wouldnt start. I uninstalled java, tried again, same thing. uninstalled opera (7.01) and reinstalled 7.03 without jave, same thing. uninstalled again, deleted opera folder, reinstalled, same thing. unistalled, reinstalled opera with java, same thing.

Anyony know of this problem? could it be because I was downloading a file when it crashed?

Help please, I dont wanna use IE anymore (made that mistake long enough )

It's happened to me a couple times, just end the'opera 7' process, even if the program is not running, and it should start normally
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

have you tried uninstalling Opera and Java, then reinstalling?

Haven't had any of the problems you describe, but I'm using 6.05 still (good enough for me).

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Have you tried removing the previous Java versions??
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

reinstalled it yes. didnt have an earlier version of java, and it doesnt start after I end the process and try again (tried it a few times already)

Comment

Should I send you an Opera 6.5 installer?

Maybe that'll work until you get the problem sorted out. You can install two Opera versions parallel.

AZ

Comment

Nah, its okay. Actually im not online that much anyway (money), it just bugs me when things stop working from one minute to the next.

But thanks

Comment

There are so many DSL Flatrates now... money shouldn't be a reason. Social life should be!

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  There are so many DSL Flatrates now... money shouldn't be a reason. Social life should be!

AZ
                  Thats definetly true, and a good point. But I will still feel more comfortable with a dsl flatrate

It wasnt an option so far, because at the moment I live as an "Untermieter", and it seemed too much trouble for me to get a dsl flat.

when I move though, Ill try to get one as soon as possible

Comment

Its working again

For all who have the same problem: uninstalled it, did a search for all opera files, deleted them, deleted autosave.win, reinstalled

Comment

Oh yeah, autosave.win.. could have thought of that

AZ

Comment

Working...
                      X