Grrrrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrr

Just upset that scan uses woeful initial city links to deliver their goods. Parcel force always gets your stuff to you on time. I only ordered from scan because I thought I'd get the stuff today. If I had known I'd have waited and bouth them at the computer fair tomorrow seing as i'm going to London tomorrow. Oh well.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

On line companies very rarely deliver next day. It's basically a scam. Next time just choose the three day deliver and theres just as much chance it'll turn up the next day.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I just bought a digital camera, a microdrive, and an mp3 player online from three different shops, and was amazed when everything arrived on the next day (two parcels were standard german post delivery, one ups). Haven't had that when buying computer parts online a few years ago.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

In my experience Scan will not deliver next day unless you pay for it.

**EDIT**
        What did you get?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

My experiance Scan Overclockers.co.uk,simply.co.uk and a few others have all failed to deliver next day even after paying for it. Trying to get a refund just ain't worth the trouble.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

In my experience stuff from Scan has always turned up the next day. And I haven't always had wonderful experiences with Parcel Force. If they deliver something which needs a signature and no-one's in, they leave the card saying "we'll retry delvery on xxx", and then don't show up when xxx rolls around. For one parcel they didn't bother to even leave the card twice, so we weren't aware that there was a parcel for us and couldn't reschedule or collect it ourselves.
            Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I even called twice and gave frickin directions, because they claimed to have difficulty finding the place when I ordered the Parhelia. I am cancelling the order.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2

Comment

I find pretty much everything gets here the next day from scan, dabs, et al. But the difference might well be that they are delivering to a massive office's mailroom in central london...
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

The problem with these online companies is that they will give you next day deliver from when the item comes into stock. Most of the time they wont tell you if the item is in stock or not....

I have never had any problems with Scan's today only though... they seem to prioritise with that one...
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just cancelled the order with scan and with initial city links. I will buy the stuff at the computer fair tomorrow.
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

OK. The saga continues. The idiots still delivered the order. I was happy as I was unable to find the motherboard at the computer fair. Then I opened the packaging and to my dismay there was an empty motherboard box and empty packing paper which was stamped mem and cpu. Horrified, I immediately called scan and reported it. They said they are going to replace it but I cannot believe that sort of thing happens in this country.
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

Working...
                      X