Apple hires "inventor of internet"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple hires "inventor of internet"

Al Gore joined Apple's board of directors. Am I the only one who thinks this is funny and ironic?

Apple: Think

Gore: What?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Actually, the entire campaign against Gore saying that he claimed he invented internet was a sham. He never said that (unless you INSIST taking 16 words out of context from an entire interview)
      Umf
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Can anyone find a transcript of that interview?
        P=I^2*R
        Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

Is it like "Ich bin ein Berliner"?

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Perhaps Macs, when playing music, will use an algorithm
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Can anyone find a transcript of that interview?
              Nope. But you can find some info on this here: http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh120302.shtml
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Thank you Umfriend. That link was most helpful.
                P=I^2*R
                Antec SX1240|Asus A7V333WR|Athlon XP2200 1.80Ghz|512 MB PC2700|TDK VeloCD 24-10-40b|Samsung 16x DVD|SBAudigy2|ATI Radeon 8500 128MB|WinTV Theater|15/20/60GB Maxtor|3x 100GB WD100JB RAID0 on Promise Fastrak Lite|WinXP-Pro|Samsung SyncMaster 181T and 700p+|Watercooled

IBM Thinkpad T22|900Mhz|256MB|32GB|14.1TFT|Gentoo

Comment

ROFLMAO!!! I have never seen a more leftist online mag in my life...hahahahaha. It should be renamed the Liberal Howler. They made CNN, a known left-wing news media station, sound conservative. Uh huh, I wouldn't trust that site any more than I would an extremist right-wing news site.

ROFL!!!!

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

In that case, anyoen got a transcript of that interview?
                    Umf

Comment

Oh my gawd, 366 useloss post already....

Comment

Yes it seemed leftist, but I think what they said is basically true. So many people WANT to be misinformed, and if enough are, then wrong information becomes official information, and I think this is what's happening here.

When JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner", he didn't just say that, though of course the statement is mostly seen out of context. He just said that the iron curtain divided the world like the Wall divided Berlin, and that Berlin was the City were this was most painfully visible, thus all people were berliner, kind of. Of course, most people don't know this.

AZ

Comment

But that doesn't change the fact he called himself a pastry.

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by az
                            Yes it seemed leftist, but I think what they said is basically true. So many people WANT to be misinformed, and if enough are, then wrong information becomes official information, and I think this is what's happening here.

When JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner", he didn't just say that, though of course the statement is mostly seen out of context. He just said that the iron curtain divided the world like the Wall divided Berlin, and that Berlin was the City were this was most painfully visible, thus all people were berliner, kind of. Of course, most people don't know this.

AZ

Thanks, I didnt know that.

Comment

The original CNN Al Gore Interview transcript. For those who want to educate themselves, not blindly believe what "the media" tells them.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                              X