Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Force 1

Just watching the film.

They are at the daring rescue bit involving a long cable and two planes Why didn't the first guy just come over armed with loads of parachutes???
    Last edited by Paddy; 21 March 2003, 03:56.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

He used to make good Films... Das Boot must be the best U-Boot-Movie ever.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The funniest comment about that movie was from a morning talk show program on radio:

"...but I think the best special effect of Ari Force 1 was making a likable President."

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by az
        He used to make good Films...
        Same for Harrison Ford, I wonder why he accepted that part

But maybe he just couldn't resist playing the President just once

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
          Same for Harrison Ford, I wonder why he accepted that part

Personally I'm not a big fan of his. Other than the star wars and Indianna Jones movies, he's never impressed me. He's just not believable.
          #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
          people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by az
            He used to make good Films... Das Boot must be the best U-Boot-Movie ever.

AZ
            Perhaps Germans appreciate that movie more than I do, but in my opinion, "Run Silent, Run Deep" (Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster) and "The Enemy Below" (Kurt Jurgens and Robert Mitchum) are both superior from both an acting and plot perspective.
            Last edited by Brian R.; 21 March 2003, 11:53.

Comment

I think their style is too typical for 50's war movies...and as you can imagine, I don't like that style...

IMHO, "Das Boot" is the greatest film ever about war under the sea...

@Strahd, I also like his role in "Blade Runner".

Comment

It depends: try to imagine anyone else for Han Solo or Indy. He may not be that great an actor, but he has his very own, impossible to copy style, which is just perfect for those movies.

And in most other movies he is quite convincing as well (Blade Runner, Patriot Games, and some movies I dont know the english titles for)

What lies Beneath was a good one, too. Gave me the creeps though

edit: I haven seen Das Boot yet, I always felt too young for it(what I saw seemed depressing), but everyone I konw who knows it says its great, and I think I am now old enough to watch it (almost 21 )
                Last edited by Topha; 21 March 2003, 10:51.

Comment

Topha: I just turned 21 on the 13th, and I've seen Das Boot years ago. This really is one of the best Movies ever in my book. Don't see the Cinema version, though, and don't see the director's cut. See the TV version, it's almost six hours!

ARD or ZDF show it every few years on three evenings. Tape it!

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Strahd
                    Personally I'm not a big fan of his. Other than the star wars and Indianna Jones movies, he's never impressed me. He's just not believable.
                    He was very good in The Fugitive, even though Tommy Lee Jones outshined him by a large margin.

Comment

I've got the DVD version of Das Boot, but don't even think about watching the English dialog version... they butchered it sooooo badly. Just listen to the German dialog, and use the subtitles.

Comment

Re: Air Force 1

Originally posted by Paddy
                        Just watching the film.

They are at the daring rescue bit involving a long cable and two planes Why didn't the first guy just come over armed with loads of parachutes???
                        It's been a while since I've seen that movie, but aren't they flying over the ocean at that point?
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                          Topha: I just turned 21 on the 13th, and I've seen Das Boot years ago. This really is one of the best Movies ever in my book. Don't see the Cinema version, though, and don't see the director's cut. See the TV version, it's almost six hours!

ARD or ZDF show it every few years on three evenings. Tape it!

AZ
                          Its just that I saw a few minutes when I was about 11 or 12, and after that I never got around to watching it, thats all

"I've got the DVD version of Das Boot, but don't even think about watching the English dialog version... they butchered it sooooo badly. Just listen to the German dialog, and use the subtitles."

Luckily I dont need the subtitles

Comment

edit: damm it, why this is so ROTFL to me?
                            hmmm...gues I must be in the same mood as when I posted "We like the moon!"

Comment

Working...
                            X