X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBM 5.3.0 Released!

Finally!!!
    Had been waiting for a long long time!

Spread the loveMotherboard Monitor (MBM) is a tool that will display information from the sensor chip on your motherboard in your Windows system tray. MBM supports a wide range of Chipsets & Sensor Chip combinations. MBM is compatible with Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and .NET. It took a little time but it finally […]

Added:
    Plugins support (see /plugin/readme)
    Intel ICH5 support
    W83L785TS-S support
    W83L785TR support
    W83L785R support
    W83627HF/ADM1027 Combo support as used on Tyan s2665UANF
    ADM1030/ADM1025 Combo support as used on the Intel D850GB
    AMD1030 dual support re-coded
    Several Voltages added, thank you to all the users sending them in
    $PCNAME will be replace with your PC's name in email subject line
    Installer will by default enabled $2E and $4E scanning if you do a new install, but you can say no if you don't want to

Changes:
    higher compensation possible
    reset of the high/low list should now work better with 3rd party tools that push values into the sharedmemory (all values are set to current and the counter to 1 for "custom" sensors)
    you can now show up to 16 voltages, see the help file for more info

fixes:
    typo in the ITE/SIS -12 voltage
    crash with GL520SM sensor chip
    LM85 fan error
    GL5xxxSM voltage wrong
    in the misc directory is a batch file named "uninstall problems.bat" which should help out those users who have issues where unwise.exe does not find INSTALL.LOG (I sure hope this finally fixes it)
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

DLed it earlier today. Running great
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I must confess I greatly dislike MBM...I find it very stupid and poorly written.

I've downloaded SpeedFan, instead...really small and really smart.

Each time I've tried MBM, it asked me the motherboard model or the on board sensor model. With Speedfan, you launch the proggie and in a second or two it find all the infos by itself...
      Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
        I must confess I greatly dislike MBM...I find it very stupid and poorly written.

Each time I've tried MBM, it asked me the motherboard model or the on board sensor model. With Speedfan, you launch the proggie and in a second or two it find all the infos by itself...
        sigh
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt

Nah, you don't actually USE mbm5, you use it for samurize or coolmon or whatever
          P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
          Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
          And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

MBM5 doesn't seem to work with the ASUS Probe temp utility...
            it sent my CPU values to over 100°C!!!!
            then i shut it down, cos i git scared...

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

MBM 5.3 didn't werk with my DFI P2XBL (crashes of program), 5.2 on the other hand works fine.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 22 March 2003, 06:16.

Comment

MBM is fine, and well written, it's just not very user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666
                  MBM5 doesn't seem to work with the ASUS Probe temp utility...
                  it sent my CPU values to over 100°C!!!!
                  then i shut it down, cos i git scared...

Thats what you get for buying an Asus.... only company I know of that makes an effort to 1) use their own ASIC for fan/voltage/temp monitoring, and 2) has the desire to change it with almost every motherboard release...

as far as MBM goes... never had to configure it for any of my systems, it usually picks up the proper monitoring chip and all I have to do is choose which sensors I want it to monitor...

And as far as user friendlyness goes, its fine. I have a long list of programmers that I am going to one day to beat with a user interface design book already, and many of them are for far worse crimes than anything in MBM.
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                  X