X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX9 standalone?

Anyone know where to find this?
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Erm, you mean NOT the web downloader? Not offhand. MS makes it a pain to get, actually. Although it comes with the SDK, but that's a HUGE download.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Here.

Just did a search at www.microsoft.com/download
      Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 20 March 2003, 13:13.

Comment

It's called the Direct X 9.0 Redistributable package. It's 32 MB, multilingual, and located here:

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          Erm, you mean NOT the web downloader? Not offhand. MS makes it a pain to get, actually. Although it comes with the SDK, but that's a HUGE download.

- Gurm
          Not that much of a pain for once. That's pretty unusual.

Comment

This is amazing...
            Nobody had noticed that it's more than three years that directx can be d'loaded at www.microsoft.com/directx ?
            O__o
            Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
              This is amazing...
              Nobody had noticed that it's more than three years that directx can be d'loaded at www.microsoft.com/directx ?
              O__o

Comment

Hehe, that's the only place I've ever gotten my DX downloads.

Comment

Right clicked on it and clicked "Download with DAP" and it came up with 50 mirrors
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

@Denty. LOL

And btw... remember when DX9 was almost out? We got it from this MSDN site or something like that. and few hrs later they pulled it hehehe.

Comment

Drizzt,

The issue is that USUALLY you can get it there, but for some reason DX9 has been a pain to get until ... apparently recently. I don't know when I last checked but as of a couple months ago you could only get the web install from that site.

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Chrono: Not just DX9!

Originally posted by Gurm
                        The issue is that USUALLY you can get it there, but for some reason DX9 has been a pain to get until ... apparently recently. I don't know when I last checked but as of a couple months ago you could only get the web install from that site.
                        Because it is meant to be come with games?
                        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

been always downloading DirectX redistributable since DX7. However it is has easier to get it from microsoft/downloads then from microsoft/directx. The directx site always points u to the webdownload and u need to search alot before u get to the redistributable which i prefer downloading since windows seems better to work better if you reinstall it every 6 mths *grin* and i dont feel like webupdating everytime i reformat & reinstall.
                          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I usually go here
                            http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.asp , because they name it "DirectX Home Page"

following any link to DirectX 9, the upcoming page has a bottom paragraph, showing a link to the redist version ...
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                            X