Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMF2 problem ?

Hi,

Okay, I'm probably blind as a bat here, but I just can't find the answer.

I encoded a file in 1/2 DVD, Pal format from MSP7.0's timeline. No Problem so far. I start DVDMF2 (no matter if I do this out from MSP or not), and when I look at the clips's properties, it displays them as PAL, so as long as I choose the "don not covert Mpeg files" setting that's just fine.

But if for some reason I'd whish to convert the clip into another setting, I can _only_ choose NTSC-based settings. Even if I choose customize through the "change mpeg settings" and then "customize", I can't choose any valid PAL settings. All presented settings are based upon 29.97 fps, and the resolutions I get to choose are all the typical 480-vertical ones.

Somebody kick me, cause I don't see what I'm doing wrong here. By the way, I also tried a "normal" file (720x576), and DVDMF2 still insists I can't choose PAL settings here ?!

I seem to recollect the same problem when I first started it. I've just checked in the beta-testers Web board and find I posted the following:

Think I've got to the bottom of the problem now. It may be PAL-related if it doesn't happen in NTSC.

The default settings are for NTSC and they will stay that way until they are altered AND closed. As in MF1, the app never closed properly, but it didn't seem to matter there. In MF2, it does.

At the end of a project, my DVD burner tray popped out then went back again, which would automatically start playing the fresh DVD in the player app, without closing MF2. On exiting the player, there is now a box asking something like whether I want to restart, reburn or close. If I choose close, a warning message comes up saying that it couldn't close, but on pressing OK, it appeared to do so. But it hadn't saved the fact that the project is PAL, so it reverted to NTSC.

Workaround: start a new project, change to PAL, close immediately. It then seems to remember the setting. I've burnt one DVD since then and the warning message did not come up.

I hope this helps.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

...thanks for the tip. It worked. I just started a project, went to prefs, switched to PAL, shut down and presto, everything's okay.

I guess that only leaves the problem of DVCAM. GRRRRRRRR.

Thanks
      Kris

Comment

Working...
      X