Real Player / QuickTime > WMP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Player / QuickTime > WMP???

I am trying to listen to Radio2 over the internet, but it wants me to install Real Player. I that POS, isn't there some way i can get WMP to open the file?

While I am here, I don't like QuickTime either... I remember a thread a while back with someone asking the same question about that. Did anyone find a fix????

Cheers lads.

Paddy
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

For QT, there's the (not free) Quicktime Pro Player, which includes a Windows Codec, so I think you can use any player you want then.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If you don't like QuickTime, you can usually get Sasami to grab the file association. It can't play the file, but at least then you can save the QT movie to disk.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I don't mind Realplayer as much anymore, but Quicktime is still 100% pure, concentrated crap.

Comment

I hate realPlayer. Sometimes, a "message center" window belonging to it opens,with some stupid news, when rp isn't even running! I can't find a way to turn it off, and none of the tasks looks likte it could be it.

AZ

Comment

I threw on QT Pro 6, but I can't see this WMP codec anywhere...
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

There is no WMP codec for either Real or Quicktime.

Sorry.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Comment

There is one for QT. At least one cheaper video editing suite includes one, dunno whch one now, but if you want, I can check.

AZ

Comment

Please mate

Comment

Well, the guy who has a Quicktime Plugin has Quicktime Pro 6, which came with Pinnacle Studio.

At least QT Pro should have the option to export .mov's as AVI's or MPEGs (MOVs are MPEGs in a different container, basically).

The Rad Video Tools can convert most *.movs, too.

AZ

P.S.: Maybe you should ask in the desktop video forum?

Comment

Yeah there are converters, but I haven't seen a working plugin that wasn't pricey. I'll see if one can be ripped from Premiere or Pinnacle.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                        X