Breaking News:Bombs Falling over Bagdad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News:Bombs Falling over Bagdad

President to Address Country at 10:15...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Fireballs seen south of Baghdad.

Annoucement from the White House:

21:54:00 EST: "The war with Iraq has begun"....

AP: "The US has launched missile strikes against Iraqi leaders"

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 March 2003, 20:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

It looks like that was it for now. We probably have about 14 hours before anything really starts.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

They are saying about 7,000 targets for air strikes will be hit to prepare for the ground assault. Expect those assaults to be in bunches.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I wonder if they managed to assasinate Saddam...probably what they're currently trying to determine as well.
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

They said they have attacked several fixed locations where various elements of the Iraqi leadership were holed up. They think they got at least 1 of the top 5 and that one target was a bunker that got hit several times.

Blair is supposed to on the air in about 15 minutes.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

It would be wonderful if they just were able to take out Saddam and his cronies in this one strike. If their leadership is gone, we might get a lot more people surrendering. It's probably too much to hope for though. Since Saddam refused to leave and spare his country war, this would be the next best thing.

Comment

SMACK!

I dunno, but I think they may have got him. They don't launch Block III TASMs for jollies (Well, Clinton did, but he was trying to distract the Nation away from when he got his knob polished in the Oval Orifice.) We had several assets in the air, on the ground and in the crowd for months monitoring wireless signals, grabbing video, sniffing packets and otherwise looking for the bastard. The only thing different was that instead of a SWAT team, we sent in a large Octol-laced suppository. Several Dozen of them.
                Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Apperantly Saddam is still alive &^@%#!!!!!!!

Maybe one of his cronies got hit who knows.

Elie

Comment

There's unclear reports of F-117s following the missiles into Baghdad - possibly to clean up after the target was evacuated.

Yes, Saddam is probably alive still.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Saddam is currently speaking on Iraqi TV...the usual patriotic drivel.
                      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

For some reason he looked different. I wonder if that was a double.

Comment

Is it just me? I think Saddam won't die that easily. I dunno tho...

Comment

TAPE...that was a tape...

This is a recording...while your leader is trying to be identified with a DNA kit and a blotter, we give you this personal message...
                            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Yeah, that's why I said "probably." I listened to the on-the-fly translation. He didn't say anything that I caught as being specific to today's happenings. The ****ole did try to make it a religious battle though. Jihad this, Palestine that....and a ton of Allah Akbar.

Comment

Working...
                              X