Dogooder given reason to rethink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogooder given reason to rethink.

Walking to the football match the other evening there was middle aged bloke walking along and in front of him one yob, around 12 - 14 yrs old and four yobettes, 10 to 12 yrs old. He passed the yobs and yobettes and yob made one or two comments. The middle aged bloke turned round and said to the yob "Well it's better than being an arrogant prat" and carried on walking.
    Of course the yob didn't like that and a steady stream of abuse came out of his gob I passed the group and the yob was then threatening to get the bloke. I was waiting for the bloke to turn round and punch the prat but he carried on.
    The abuse continued the yob now repeating "I'm gonna get the old bastard he can't talk to me like that" So I was waiting for him to run past with some weapon. If he did I was going to flatten him painfully. After a bit he stopped gobbing and stopped following the guy.
    When I caught up the with the bloke and asked what started the whole thing he replied "The prat got upset because he move further over to let him passed" I then asked "Why didn't just hit the pratt?" He replied "I don't hit kids" my reply was "Thats the reason why the kid acts like that and if you had I wouldn't have seen it.
    Last edited by The PIT; 19 March 2003, 13:55.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Nobody hits kids any more.

I'm sure that dancray (anti-spancray) would have something to say, but Logan already has enough respect for me that he APOLOGIZES (and no we didn't teach him that, he apparently picked it up on Sesame Street or something) after he pitches a fit.

One and a half, and he says "Sorry, Mommy" after he gets done being mad.

And that's all without any REAL spankings ever having been doled out (after all, there's nothing a 1.5 year old can do that warrants more than a rap on the back of the hand, now is there?).

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

So true Gurm. My 15 month old cries without me ever having to even smack his hands if I just tell him "NO!" in a stern voice. At that age it doesn't take much, since they usually don't ask for reasons why something is wrong; they're much more concerned with mommy or daddy being unhappy with them about something.

And oh GOD do I wish my 7 year old daughter was still like that. I think she's inherited a stubborn streak from her mother's side of the family, because there's practically no punishment that she will respond to (yes, she will listen, but usually not without a whole lot of whining / pouting / complaining, even when she understands why she is in trouble. ).
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
      X