CCNA worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCNA worth it?

Back in high school I took 2 semesters of the Cisco Certified Network Academy program to get an Associate certification. I did it because it was free . I have one year left to finish the final 2 semesters which I can take at a local community college. I'm currently at a university getting my CS degree. Is it worth it to spend >400 per semester and lots of time to get my certification since it is only an associate and not the professional one.

Thanks,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

You should be able to get your CCNA just from studying and going through some braindumbs (whoa, that's a good typo eh?). It can be a good foot-in-the-door when looking for a job. CCNP and above are much harder, but aren't expected for entry level positions.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I agree with Agallag, if you are going to do it, get an Exam Cram book for it, read it, take some practice tests, then take the exam. It is a very easy exam.
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

If you plan on doing router and networking stuff, I say go for it. Whether you decide you learn better in a classroom or home study is up to you.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
        X