Any Linux dudes out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Linux dudes out there.

I have dedicated hosting in the US for my website but suddenly I am unable to create anymore directories. Plenty of space 80GB. I can upload files to my hearts content but as soon as I try to create a new directory I get unable to create a folder, no space left on device.

My website currently only have 800 folders.

I have emailed my hosts and hope they will sort it out but just wondered if anyone here has any ideas as to why this is happening, surely if there is a limit to the number of directories it can't be that low.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Just try the Alternative Lifestyle Forum, here is a link

Comment

Could be a quota thing.
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Got a strange reply from my hosts, fixed now but I am still interested in what the prob was, their reply isn't that obvious to me.

"Your site has outgrown the partition we had the webserver configured to use. I have the site down temporarily while I reorganise the drive layout to give the site closer to 80GB of space as opposed to the 6GB it currently has."

Comment

Sounds like you simply run out of space Got shell access? df -h next time.
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Yup, just a host err fault, similar reason to why the DB died here a few months back, just not enough room on the partition

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Whats strange is my site is only 800MB, at least it shouldn't happen again.

Comment

It has nothing to do with how big your site was.

They give you a quote of 80GB, but because your site has traditionally been very small, it was living on a crowded disk.

That disk ran out of space, and your site grew. They had to move you to a different disk that had more free space.

Happens all the time.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                If only life were as easy as you
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                X