Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures of my daughter

Well...

For those who don't know or have forgotten the story and older pics of my daughter, you can look here first, if you want.

So, december 23rd she finally came home to us, three days before her first birthday. She still needed Oxygen, and didn't eat, so was fed through a tube. We had a big oxygen concentrator (size of two miditowers next to each other, and LOUD, since it needs a compressor), oxygen tanks for when we leave the house (which we shouldn't, because of her weak immune system), and a pulse oximeter, the false alarms of which woke us several times each night.

On january 9th, after only a good two weeks with us, she needed no more additional oxygen, and breathed all by herself. The clinic could not believe it. By the end of january, she pulled her feeding sond out of her nose. Since then, she tries to eat (drink) all she needs herself, with varying degrees of success. We had to give her the feeding tube a few times (a cruel procedure, because she doesn't understand it - you shove it up her nose and push until the end reaches the stomach. She was of course mad at us the entire day when we had to do this).

She is now 67cm tall, and weighs ~4500g. Whenever we see a normal baby, we think "Ugh! How grossly fat!" *LOL

Twice a week, the physiotherapist comes, and twice a week a woman who erm... teaches her to use her senses and her body (dunno the word, german word would be "Frühförderung", which would translate to "early aid/support/stimulation"), and the doctor every two weeks.

Soooo... now, the pictures. These are from a few days ago, when she had the feeding tube, which she now doesn't need, hopefully forever.

AZ

P.S.: I see my post turned out to sound quite negative, but actually I'm feeling quite positive at the moment
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Gorgeous. You're a lucky family
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Awesome!

I hope for the best for her!

Comment

Oh, forgot to say: she squints quite a lot

AZ

Comment

cute

Comment

What a sweet little girl.
            All the best to her and yourselves.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hi Samira! Herzliche Glückwünsche on your soon-to-be 1.25th birthday. Keep up the good work, OK?

BTW az, have you bought her a cellphone yet? If she's crying occasionally then that might explain it... I think it's about at that age when they start wanting their own phones nowadays

Comment

Hey, I like the great news and the awesome pics. So who does she look like you or the mother?
                Anyways very happy that all is going super.

Comment

Happy to see that it is going better now
                  -Slougi

Comment

*LOL Tempest, thank you - I'd better not mention cell phones in front of her, giving her bad ideas

RhinoZ, at first we thought she looked 100% like me (poor kid), but the more and more she matures, the more she looks like her mother

AZ

Comment

She's lovely. You're a lucky guy.

My best wishes to the three of you.
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Her smile brings warmth to my heart.

P.S: Was wondering when you were gonna post some updates.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

It's good to see she's making such rapid progress. She looked so fragile in those first pics you posted. I bet you and mom are relieved.

Comment

Congrats, of all the titles you can get in life, none seem to suit better than "Father".

Best of wishes to you, and your family.
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by az
                              Oh, forgot to say: she squints quite a lot

AZ
                              Don't Worry, its "fixable"

And Congrats!
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X