Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Official" which dual head cards work with MS Pro 7 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Official" which dual head cards work with MS Pro 7 thread.

I have a Matrox G450etv and it works perfectly with MS Pro 7's real-time instant preview to tv. Scrubbing and previewing of effects also works great.

Note that this function does not work with 32 bit color depth, only with 16 or 24 bit color depth.

I'm quite sure that all G450 series cards will work, but it can't help to post your experience.

I'm most interested in the compatibility of the various ATI cards and the functionality of the "theater mode."

If you are using an ATI card please let us know the answers to the following questions:

1. Model of the card you are using.

2. Does instant preview to tv work? Does it work with time-line scrubbing and effects previews as well?

3. Does the TV output have black bars anywhere around the image? If you used a software to get around this and enable some sort of overscan, please tell us about it.

4. NTSC or PAL?

Please post your experiences and help everyone who is considering a video card upgrade for MS Pro 7 save a lot of time and money!

Thanks,

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Also, before I decide to buy this, how well does it integrate with the parhelia using the third head as tv-out , and is it any step up from the rtx.10/premiere combo?

Thanks.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

G400 DH 32 Mb OEM is OK but...

I am using a G400 DH 32 Mb OEM, works like a charm in all color depths I have tested. Scrubbing and previewing, everything is ok. Using both PAL and NTSC out to a multistandard 22 inch Hitachi TV monitor.
      As far as resolution is concerned, I am using 1024x768. Tried 1200x1024, but MSP7 flashes before displaying RT video and it becomes very annoying. It's a black screen flash that is also present at lower resolution but almost invisible. AT higher res, I guess the G400 is slower creating the TV-Out.
      Quite happy with the G400 setup so far, although I am looking forward to seeing what Matrox will release in the next coming weeks. It's supposed to be between the G550 and Parhelia. I don't need 3D performance, but would like a faster card than the G400, possibly with Dual head monitor and TV Out (triplehead). If they can sell it around $150 I am a buyer.

Fred

Comment

See now this looks like a good Idea for a user review, is that you volunteering Hulk ?

Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sasq,

Sure I'll review something. Do you mean my g450etv card? Or something else?

-Mark
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Whatever you want, but I was thinking, Which dual head cards work with mspro7 would either be a great FAQ file, or a good composte user review on the main page.

Just thought I'd pick on you to do the compostion. But if you or anyone here has something they'd like to sumbit please feel free.

Or if you want to discuss and Idea, drop me or Ant a line.

But thats the idea of the user review section, its users reviewing items of interest. Almost like in here, but with the option of setting up the HTML corectly, using images and no letter limit

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

If and when I get enough information I'll get it together in either FAQ or review form.

-Mark
              - Mark

Comment

If someone buys me a copy of MS Pro 7, I will test it on my ATI AIW 8500DV at once

Comment

Tophia,

You can download the trial! I would offer to send a CD of the trial to you but I have no idea what postage to where you are from the US would be.

I assume you are in PALand? Does that card do TV out without black borders around the image?

-Mark
                  - Mark

Comment

Yes it does, and I dont wanna download the trial version with my 56K modem

But I guess I will as soon as I can get my hands on a broadband connection

Comment

... I'll try to make a clean, 100% tested spec sheet on 8500, 9000, 9100 and 9500pro in regards to these functions. Expect it to be posted at the end of the week, or by next week the latest. I'm going to take my time with this one, making sure all bases are covered and no question marks remain.

Just have a little patience,

Kris

Comment

I have just installed an ATI card - the 9700
                        Yes I do get real time preview, yes I do get scrubbing
                        yes I do get black bar on the edges - it seems to give it a
                        letterbox type effect.
                        Can anyone advise on a decent sound card to give audio
                        to the second monitor/TV ( phono sockets)
                        Also I downloaded the paid version upgrade and still have no successs loading CG - 3 downloads so far - my download time expires on the 29 Mar
                        System P4 2.53Ghz 80GB raid O 100GB boot drive 1GB Ram Sony DRU 500A

Thanks Brian

Comment

brydette:

Just wondering...Have you checked in Display Properties, under "Advanced," for TV output options/configuration? It's been a long time since I've evaluated one of the AIWs, but there should be controls in there that let you adjust the overscan/underscan on your TV/VCR display to eliminate the black bars.

I could never get those black bars to disappear either. I was hoping that the newer AIWs have been improved in this respect (not sure whether its a driver or hardware issue).

Kevin

Comment

Mark,

I thought you knew the answer to this question already.

Terry and the gang have been posting for months about MSP7 with its dual head function. I have posted as well that MSP7 support Matrox and ATI dual head cards. There's still a few twitches with nVidia cards, therefore there is no support in dual head but all the other functions are fine.

I hope this information is helpful.

Jack

Comment

... just to confirm that in all my tests, using Cat 3.1 and the 3dRage tweak program, I was able to choose overscan, and _not at trace_ of black borders was visable on my TV-set.

Comment

Working...
                              X