This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Coalition of the willing"

"WASHINGTON — Thirty nations have joined with the United States in a "coalition of the willing" to bring down Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and another 15 quietly have promised their support, Secretary of State Colin Powell said Tuesday."

Public list:

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan (post conflict), Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan.

Quiet list:

Mainly arab and Gulf states providing logistical, overflight and other support. Examples are Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait etc. etc.

This puts the total at 45, two less than the 45 nations that participated in WWII and seven more than the 38 in the first Gulf War.

Yes; in both of those conflicts some coalition members were active and some provided quiet support.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 March 2003, 11:40.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Is Portugal not on this list? I thought they hosted the summit in the Azores, and their prime minister was there.

Comment

I thought this was the type of posts that made Ant mothball TSB and install The Lounge instead, were topics like these shouldn't be discussed

Of course, I'm only a mini compared to you, and I've been absent quite a while, but this is my honest opinion.

I value your other posts quite highly, Doc, but the flood of posts like this goes on my (and I'm sure others' too) nerves.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

This is really starting to jam the forum up with spam I think we've had enough of these politcal broadcasts.

Comment

Working...
        X