well it looks like the end of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well it looks like the end of the world

yesterday we had clear skies and no indication of any sort of storm .... i woke up this morning to be greated by an omnius red haz... visibility is very poor and winds are up ... very high up.... havent seen winds like that in some time.... there is an icy chill on the tip of the winds.... it is almost noon but it feels more like dusk..... strange... very strange..... what is stranger is that i feel comfortable... havent felt comfortable like this in a while.
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Wheather is fine over here, so maybe its only the end of your region

Comment

and not a moment too soon
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Maybe you'll be getting something like the "Green Storms" that hit the US midwest now and then

Green Storms are thought by most midwesterners to be short duration inland hurricanes because their swath is much wider than tornados, often 20 miles, with winds over 100 mph.

The GS that hit this area in 1980 registered 145 mph in Metro Airports tower; at least that was the last reading the crew noted before bailing out for the towers storm shelter when the windows blew in

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 March 2003, 08:35.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

well it looks morelike an orangy red storm... and unfortuantly we dont have a basment... the damnd bulding owners soled the bldg. under ground parking are to some mechanics..... no way getting in there.... ..... any way the winds have piked up and its begining to rain... ice cold and mudy... wierd combination if you ask me....

Comment

Don't you get those red/orange storms every year? In Cyprus we get them at least once a year. BTW nothing to fear even though it does look like the end of the world.

Comment

Strangely, Efty, we are having one just today. Started with violent thunderstorms during the night and very high winds. All today it has continued, alternating violent rain and windstorms with yellow dust by the bucketful, straight from N. Africa. Possibly one of the worst dust precipitations in the last 5 years.

Reminds me of a poem:

The sexual life of a camel is not what some people think,
              When, at night, alone in the desert, it tries to bugger the Sphinx.
              But the Sphinx's posterior passage is blocked by the sands of the Nile,
              Which accounts for the hump on the camel, and the Sphinx's inscrutable smile!

BTW, I didn't think Νέοσ Ηόρκος was in Κύπρος
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
              X