Happy Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Announcement

Well, it's mostly official. Julie has been offered a better job, back in Massachusetts, so we're moving!

YAY!

Life is finally starting to look up. My parents are going to help us out with finding/obtaining a starter home (either a house or a condo) and then we're going to (over the course of the next few years) build our dream home a bit at a time on a nice 6 acre lot in the town where I grew up.

Things might not be so bleak after all.

Now if only my ears would stop ringing, and we'd all stop having major infections. Bleh.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Right on! Glad to hear it.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 17 March 2003, 11:12.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Congrats to you both...
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Sweetness. Congrats. Are ou going to job search out there too?

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Congrats!!!
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Glad to hear that (despite recent signs to the contrary) there's a glimmer of light in your life, too

Comment

So.....instead of being poor from under-un employment you'll be poor from taxes

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Kewl! Any chance you can simply live of off her earnings and raise your kid (Roger?)? Might give KvH a fit
                Good luck!
                Umf
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I've already said it, but congratulations to you and Julie! I think it'll be good for you to get back closer to the family and start fresh (so to speak).

Now if you can just stop getting sick I won't feel so bad about picking on you.

Roger...? lol, for one reason or another (besides the fact I know better), I can't imagine Jason naming his kid Roger...
                  “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

LOL. My son's name is Logan Aragorn Goldovitz. No, I'm not kidding.

As for the job search, my Monster and Hotjobs agents have been updated, and a new one has been instantiated at BostonWorks.

It felt GOOD to cancel the searches in PA/NJ (which hadn't had a good hit in two months anyway).

Anyone in the eastern Massachusetts and/or Rhode Island area who knows anyplace that's hiring, I'd love to hear about it. My resume is available in the following locations:

http://www.burningdesigns.com/personal/jason/resume.htm (Although this one is so hideous I might take it offline for tweaking this evening!)

Yeah things are DEFINITELY looking up. We might get out of debt sometime soon, and this is a real chance to start a new chapter in our lives. In addition to a full-time job and the Burning Designs thing (and The Flamethrower, although that isn't a money-making proposition per se), some friends and I are committing (sp?) some weekend time to starting a small web-based business selling parts for european luxury cars (BMW, Volvo, Mercedes, etc.) and doing maintenance/upgrades/etc.

Hopefully by this time NEXT year you'll be looking at a happier, healthier Gurm who lives in his own home. Keep your fingers crossed.

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Congrats glad to hear things are looking up for you.

You resume links don't work.

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I realized after walking out the door that I had forgotten to hit "go" on my queued up file transfers. Check now.

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          LOL. My son's name is Logan Aragorn Goldovitz. No, I'm not kidding.
                          You know, you can't say this about many people, but of the six billion inhabitants of Earth, I'm relatively sure your son is the ONLY Logan Aragorn Goldovitz.

Comment

Congrats. I wonder if we'll be seeing a sweeter Gurm in the future, although I think your title of 'Chief Murc Curmedgeon' has already been usurped

Anyway, good luck. Picking up the family and moving here a couple of years ago was the best thing we ever did.

T.
                            FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
                              Congrats. I wonder if we'll be seeing a sweeter Gurm in the future, although I think your title of 'Chief Murc Curmedgeon' has already been usurped
                              Hmm.. now who would you be referring to there, Tony?

Comment

Working...
                              X