reef demo as a benchmark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reef demo as a benchmark!

Kansas City LAN Party with tournaments, cash prizes, food, and Games-Games-Games

havenĀ“t read it yet.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

They have to be careful - as it is cyclical you should report max/min/avg/st.dev for a "typical" complete cycle only - in excel from the FRAPS dump:

My thread on this with a Parhelia from ages ago

Oh, and it IS cpu dependent on my system.

Another nice picture:
    Attached Files
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

What'd you use to make that chart GNEP?

Comment

Excel. And the data from a fraps logfile, imported into excel, and split up manually (by eye) into each "cycle" of the demo.

But Openoffice.org's calc spreadsheet would work just as well.

The top line was either new drivers, or a new something or other in the machine - I did this a while back and have forgotten.

(OK, I was bored and this I could disguise as my job - which is generally farting around with spreadsheets anyway...)

Comment

Cool, I've give it a spin on my 8500 and see what I can come up with.

Comment

Yup. Just have to be careful when doing an average that you take it from whole number multiples of a "cycle" - as you can see from the charts they are very repeatable (after the first one sometimes) and so you only need one really. But taking the average from any part-portion of the "cycle" will give you very different numbers.

Also useful, if charts can't be produced, to produce max, min and standard deviation numbers. Not that I'm anally retentive or anything...

Comment

Working...
            X