Has any one seen this yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any one seen this yet

either my server cache is stoping me from seeing if any one has posted bout this topic yet or no one has already..... (read my other post)

WARNING SOME OF THESE POSTES MAY CONTAIN DISTURBING CONTENT

but i find it strange that after seeing this on BBC its kind of dificult to find any usfull informoation on frontpages of like CNN which only mentions it at the botom of an article that talks about palestians kild... no picturesFoxNews which does a litle better and puts it under a subheading no pictures.... BBC under the heading of "Israel carries out deadly Gaza raid" and a non mainstream pro intifada website with all the info and pics you can get... Electronic Intifada

what is find repulsive about the mater (other than the "accidental" murder of this young lady) is the lack of proper news covarage which is leading me to belive that there is some sort of media blanket being set here...... how are we expected to belive every thing the news companies say when they dont reaveal the whole picture objectivly
    Last edited by SpiralDragon; 17 March 2003, 10:30.
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Was pretty prominent in our local paper today (Toronto Sun)
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Very prominant in our newspaper, as always. (star tribune)
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Yup. Headlines around the world talking about how horrible the Israelis are and how brutal they are to the poor Palestinians.

Typical Arab-Sympathetic rubbish.

I spit on the world news media for being blindly pro-Palestinian.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, the palestinians sure do have better propaganda.

The thing that bothers me is that the pro-palestinian groups argue not for the end of injustices, but to an end of Israel. In fact, I would summarize them more as anti-Israeli groups than pro-anything...

Comment

a. to say that the palestinians have better propaganda is a MJOR falacy...

B. i was not refering to the palestinians killed.. i was refering to the american lady killled
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

By propaganda, I mean motivating international opinion. This is not necessarily done by "investigating" or providing true information. Plays on emotion, often using untrue information, are generally sufficient...

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                By propaganda, I mean motivating international opinion. This is not necessarily done by "investigating" or providing true information. Plays on emotion, often using untrue information, are generally sufficient...
                And Israel is definitely better at this.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I don't trust neither side.
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

nither do I.... but Wombat is right

Comment

I'll agree that I hardly trust each side, but I have my tilt due to actually family and friends in Israel.

Comment

This event just shows you the true nature of Israel...
                        Ariel Sharon is just as bad, if not a worse war criminal, than Sadaam Hussein.
                        Israel has broken more UN security council resolutions than Iraq.
                        Israel has atomic weapons, Iraq does not.

So why does our glorious leader so favor one side over the other?

Don't get me wrong, I am no supporter of Iraq or Palestine. These guys are led by corrupt and tyrannical rulers. But we need some strong arab governments in that area to balance out the power of Israel.

Comment

Tomasz UN has tried to stop Israel many times but the US have voted agains it (and used their veto 35 time)!
                          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hmmm...that is the continuation of "enemy of my enemy is my friend" policy I guess...from the times of the cold war I guess(antisemitic mess in USSR, so they're supporting Arabs -> "natural" enemys of Israel, wchich turns out that the States "must" support Israel...)
                            Last edited by Nowhere; 18 March 2003, 14:06.

Comment

But we need some strong arab governments in that area to balance out the power of Israel.
                              You mean, because if the arab governments were weak, Israel would like conquer the entire middle east? What on earth needs to be balanced by arab governments? Really, critical as I sometimes am of Israeli policy towards the palestinians, I don't see how this statement makes any sense at all.

Ariel Sharon is just as bad, if not a worse war criminal, than Sadaam Hussein.
                              Oh right, and besides, Ariel gassed like 100,000 of his own people just like Mr. S. Husein did. Sure, just as bad......

Israel has broken more UN security council resolutions than Iraq.
                              WOuld you argue that Iraq is or has ever been facing the same threats as Israel has? Critical as I may be, this makes no sense to me (unless you just try to make a "neutral"statement here, as neatral as "the speed of light is about 300,000 km/s). In that case, the statement is only irrelevant. What should we coclude from this statement?

Israel has atomic weapons, Iraq does not.
                              Iraq has shown to be prepared to use WMD offensively both at other countries as at its own population. Israel has not.
                              Umf
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X