Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dissing' people Shakespearean style:

DISSING PEOPLE 'SHAKESPEAREAN STYLE':
    You starveling, you eel-skin, you dried newt's tongue, you bull's-pizzle, you stock-fish (Henry IV Part 1)
    You whoreson upright rabbit! (Henry IV Part 2)
    More of your conversation would affect my brain (Coriolanus)
    He has not so much brain as ear-wax (Troilus and Cressida)
    His brain is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage (As You Like It)
    You would answer very well to whipping (All ' s Well That Ends Well)
    He's a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise-breaker, the owner of no one good quality (All's Well That Ends Well)
    You Scullion! Your rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe! (Henry IV Part 2)
    I will knock your urinal about your knave's coxcomb... (The Merry Wives of Windsor)
    I'll make quagmire of your mingled brains (Henry VI Part 1)
    What's the matter you dissentious rogue that, rubbing the poor itch of your opinion, make yourselves scabs? (Coriolanus)
    He that depends upon your favours swims with fins of lead, and hews down oaks with rushes (Coriolanus)
    Boils and plagues plaster you over, that you may be abhorred farther than seen and one infect another against the wind a mile (Coriolanus)
    You souls of geese that bear the shapes of men (Coriolanus)
    I find the ass in compound with the major part of your syllables (Coriolanus)
    Your means are very slender, and your waste is great (Henry IV, Part 2)
    You are as a candle, the better part burnt out (Henry IV, Part 2)
    A pox damn you, you muddy rascal, is that all the comfort you bring me? (Henry IV, Part 2)
    Hang yourself, you muddy conger (Henry IV, Part 2)
    There is neither honesty, manhood or good fellowship in thee. You tread upon my patience (Henry IV, Part 1)
    He made me mad to see him shine so brisk, and smell so sweet, and talk so like a waiting gentlewoman (Henry IV, Part 1)
    We leak in your chimney and your chamber lye breeds fleas like a loach (Henry IV, Part 1)
    Peace, ye fat guts (Henry IV, Part 1)
    Like the toad, ugly and venomous (As You Like It)
    Sweep on, you fat and greasy citizens (As You Like It)
    And in his brain which is as dry as the remainder biscuit after a voyage, he hath strange places (As You Like It)
    Never hung poison on a fouler toad (Richard III)
    Out of my sight, thou dost infect mine eyes (Richard III)
    Poisonous bunch backed toad (Richard III)
    Deep, hollow, treacherous, and full of guile (Richard III)
    A knot you are of damned blood suckers (Richard III)
    Wretched, bloody and usurping boar (Richard III)
    FT.

That's a nice change from all the "leet" speak that I see anymore.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

don't know why they make high schoolers read Shakespear, other than for edification.

It certainly is lost on them (at least was on me at that age). Everytime I rediscover some piece of shakespear that I had read as a kid, I laugh at how little it meant to me then.

Now, I am amazed at how relavent it has remained, all this time later.

CEM
        System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Working...
        X